Poll- Hunters: Do You Have Lifetime Hunting License?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a lifetime hunting license, if so how long?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time value of money (inflation) would tell you to wait until your kids need licenses or they are about to go up. That's what I am doing for both my boys! YMMV

Ya but if I got it now, with the online check in I could hunt the youth seasons and use his tags. I'd get 2 more buck tags a year til he was old enough to use them :rubhands:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first dollar taken in for lifetime licenses has never been spent. By law it's invested and the ODW uses the interest from the investment.
Long after you quit hunting/fishing, you will still be supporting the outdoors.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first dollar taken in for lifetime licenses has never been spent. By law it's invested and the ODW uses the interest from the investment.
Long after you quit hunting/fishing, you will still be supporting the outdoors.

Ya they mentioned something like that too.
There was a whole lot said about it and how the idea of doing away with it was a joke cause it's a huge revenue builder for them. Literally, they made me feel like and idiot for mentioning doing away with them. Like I was crazy lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The federal thing your talking about is the Pittman-Robertsman act that rebates the states money that is spent on ammo, sporting goods, etc.
The states have benefited from it since 1937.

The Act created an excise tax that provides funds to each state to manage such animals and their habitats. Notable species that have come back from the brink since the implementation of this act include white-tailed deer, wild turkey, and wood ducks

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not. I've lived here 5 yrs now and need to get one before they go up agin. Be a whole lot simpler than doing it the way I have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The federal thing your talking about is the Pittman-Robertsman act that rebates the states money that is spent on ammo, sporting goods, etc.
The states have benefited from it since 1937.

The Act created an excise tax that provides funds to each state to manage such animals and their habitats. Notable species that have come back from the brink since the implementation of this act include white-tailed deer, wild turkey, and wood ducks

That sounds about right
They told me it's based off the number of registered hunter. They get $X for each hunter and a lifetime holder is always registered. They said what's good about it is even when guys get to old to hunt (they typically wouldn't buy a hunting license) they still get smokey for those guys. Plus they laughed and said it also takes a LONG time before the feds find out your dead lol
So they keep getting money for lifetime holders long after they're gone.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been brought up more than once by legislators. Like the goofy bill we saw a few weeks back. It has also been discussed from inside the Dept. More than they will ever tell you. The lifetime license holders "number" is audited every 3 years. So the number stays more realistic than you think

I am fairly well versed in where the ODWC funding comes and goes from.

The lifetime license money is in it's own fund. Has been forever. They only use the interest that account makes in the actual annual budget.

And without matching federal funds, the ODWC would all but sink. .

Latest posts

Top Bottom