• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Pond Boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter64

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Got some ponds to fish, need aluminum boat to take to them and leave there.
Flat or v don’t really matter. Don’t need a trailer. Unemployed so short on cash, but could offer a trade on a gun or other sporting items.
I live in Purcell.
Let me know if you have anything
Thanks

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
@Shooter64 have you considered using a tube ?

I fished out of a Fishmaster tube with kickers for many years in watersheds and farm ponds and really enjoyed it.....I used waders when the water was cooler and just jeans or cutoffs when the water warmed up.

I even used my tube to duck hunt out of a few times but damn near froze my butt off each time even with wearing two pair of long johns and jeans under my waders. :)

tube.jpg

kickers.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Fishmaster tube with kickers

Those were sold right here in OKC off Portland. The old man died and his son took over the building and it became
Classic Chevrolet parts if i am not mistaken on the name..I have some of those kickers I used when I was about 13 and have parts onmy car from the sons business but he has also grown old and died.

I fished Eufaula lake around the bridge pillars in a tube.. It was a truck inner tube I used seat belt strap to make a harness seat.

I would walk down highway 9 and walk down the rip rap then launch my tube.

My dads cousin had 3 inner tubes strapped together and heavy cloth over the top of them and then placed a piece of plywood on top.
A hole cut in the back of the plywood to drop the trolling motor through and battery under the seat he had on it.

He fished from that homemade raft for many years and caught a lot of fish.

When we were kids we would find old house doors people tossed in ditches and find Styrofoam and make a boat from that.
Styrofoam in the middle of the doors all screwed or nailed together.
We would leave them at the ponds we fished.

Stock tank will work as a boat also.
I used a blow up raft many times.
Uncle took 2 old car hoods and welded them together to make a pretty dandy boat.
Like 1950's Buick hoods.

A friend of mine took furring strips and canvas and made a canoe back in the 90's.
Painted the canvas to make it water tight.
He has kayaks now.
I ended up fishing from a canoe for decades.
17 foot coleman.. Made of tupperware type material. Excellent boat for sure.
For ponds though the house doors are very stable.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Best pond boat I ever had was a Styrofoam sailboat, without the sail. Had a removable centerboard to keep it steady. The cool part was it drew so little water. With 2 adults, all our fishing gear, an ice chest with drinks and snacks, etc, etc, it took maybe 2 inches of water to float. Tree just under the surface, no problem. Just pull up the centerboard and go over it. Put the board back down and fish.

Very similar to this.

sailboat.jpeg

Shooter64

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Thanks for the reply’s guys.
Dad tells about an old car hood boat they trot lined out of years ago.
Tried the tubing, did it for years, but just to scared of snakes and a few close encounters with them turned me off of tubing.
Thanks for the offer on the canoe, but really want just a aluminum boat.
I just keep looking.
Thanks again Kris

Latest posts

Top Bottom