Postal shoot, anyone interested?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the Hickock/Tutt duel: E-mail or PM a photo of your best shot. Entries must be received by August 31st.

Rules:
1. Torso or full size human target.(I'm just gonna draw my outline on a piece of sheetrock)
2. Fist sized heart in center of chest, maybe a bit to the left of center. We're not anatomists so exact location isn't critical. Draw an X over the heart and measure from center of X to center of bullet hole.
3. 75 yards.
4. Two categories:
1. Cowboy guns, cartridge or percussion.
2. Any other handgun, open sights only. No scopes, lasers, or holographic sights.
5. 5 shots allowed, best shot for score.
6. Honor system.
7. First place in each category: An extra helping of braggin' rights. Maybe a certificate if I can get one drawn up.

I'm gonna post this on a couple of other shooting forums, trying to get as many involved as possible, and BTT it everyonce in awhile in case someone misses it.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Offhand or from a rest? New rule: Hickock rested his pistol on his forearm. I reckon that would be OK (watch for cylinder gap and muzzle blast thought), but no bench type rests allowed.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is rather intriguing. So, I gotta' ask a dumb question: "Cowboy guns, cartridge or percussion." I take it you mean, black powder? So, my .45 Colt would not be legal in that category unless I shot black powder loads? I'm not that great with a handgun, but this might be fun!

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DRC, your .45 will be fine with smokeless, although I don't know why anyone would want to!:wink2:

By cowboy guns I meant with non-adjustable sights. A Ruger Vaquero would be a cowboy gun, a Super Blackhawk would be modern.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of suggestions:
1. For those of us shooting at indoor ranges, how about a reduced-size silhouette target at 25 yards? (Say 1/2 size)
2. Have separate divisions for rimfire and centerfire.

Would either of those fly?

Latest posts

Top Bottom