Postal shoot, anyone interested?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... although I don't know why anyone would want to!:wink2:

Would want to .... which? Shoot .45 Colt, or shoot smokeless powder in it? ... or, am I missing something all together? .45 Colt is all I own that I would consider for something like this! I have not tried any BP loads in it, although I have considered that.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of suggestions:
1. For those of us shooting at indoor ranges, how about a reduced-size silhouette target at 25 yards? (Say 1/2 size)
2. Have separate divisions for rimfire and centerfire.

Would either of those fly?
It would have to be 1/3 size reduction.
I've never done this before, just following up on a suggestion by a fellow poster from the Mythbusters forum, trying to keep it simple. I may enter twice, shoot my '51 for the old stuff, then my Colt Woodsman for modern.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would want to .... which? Shoot .45 Colt, or shoot smokeless powder in it? ... or, am I missing something all together? .45 Colt is all I own that I would consider for something like this! I have not tried any BP loads in it, although I have considered that.

DRC, I'm just funnin' with ya about using that new fangled smokeyless stuff instead of BP. Don't tell anyone, but I've even shot some smokeless in my Walker with the R&D conversion cylinder.

One suggestion though, if you decide to try some BP, clean your gun with soap and water, then lube with Ballistol or Bore Butter before shooting. BP does not react well with some petro based cleaner/lubes and the fouling forms a hard tar that is hard to clean with anything. Trust me though, the fun factor is well worth the effort.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DRC, I'm just funnin' with ya about using that new fangled smokeyless stuff instead of BP. Don't tell anyone, but I've even shot some smokeless in my Walker with the R&D conversion cylinder.

One suggestion though, if you decide to try some BP, clean your gun with soap and water, then lube with Ballistol or Bore Butter before shooting. BP does not react well with some petro based cleaner/lubes and the fouling forms a hard tar that is hard to clean with anything. Trust me though, the fun factor is well worth the effort.

Thanks for the tip. I really enjoy shooting BP, but I HATE the clean up!

Don

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One suggestion change the title to the thread. It sounds like you want some people to go on a postal shooting. More people might click on it. Unless it means something else I do not not know about.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr10, you have a valid point. Sadly, I can't find a way to change the title. That's what happens when a person grew up mailing things back and forth, instead of herding electrons back and forth.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here ya go

ai1124.photobucket.com_albums_l565_OKMike68_100_0970.jpg

ai1124.photobucket.com_albums_l565_OKMike68_100_0969.jpg

45 LC on top, 44 Mag on bottom

Latest posts

Top Bottom