Powder Measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Newbe reloader looking for powder measure.

I looking for a powder measure to mount on my bench. I will be reloading pistol and rifle ammo so will need a good one that will work with both types of powder. May some day get a progressive press if I really start to load large amounts of ammo.

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two Hornady powder measures and really like them. Accurate and repeatable. Make sure you get both rotors, standard and pistol. Very good measures.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Hornady, RCBS Uniflow, Lee Perfect Powder Measure, & 2 Lee Pro's. I like the Hornady for ball powders in pistol & rifle. The Uniflow works good too but I like the quick release for changing powder on the Hornady & I have the pistol rotor for it. The LPPM works with extruded powders like IMR 3031, H4895 etc. Yeah, I know people talk bad about the LPPM. I was one of them until I learned how to use it. Feed it what it likes and it works good. The Lee Pro's I use for pistol's on a Classic Cast Turret or my Hornady LNLAP.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to beat a good beam scale. I just don't have much confidence in these electronic ones unless they are lab grade and Lyman, RCBS, Hornady, etc. are most definitely not. Probably made in China. :grumble:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hornady powder measure. I think it comes with a rifle rotor, pick up a pistol rotor, and inserts for each cartridge you're gonna load with it.

That's the coolest feature! I just keep them preset in the box with my dies. Changeovers are a snap.

I've got a Lyman powder measure that I use with my single stage, and the Hornady on my LNL. The Lyman is good and the Hornady is fantastimundic!

Latest posts

Top Bottom