Powder recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drexton311

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am pretty new to reloading. I have been using Alliant Bullseye powder in my .45ACP and 380Auto loads. Long story short, I am having a hard time finding Bullseye now. Does anyone have another powder they would recommend? I also want a powder to load 38+P and 357 magnum. Any help would be appreciated!

Josh

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
powders are still a challenge to find. I'm using titewad right at the moment and am getting some great results in 45acp. Can't tell you if it will work in your other calibers but it might be worth a look.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used Tight Group , HP 38 (same as 231).
And AA#5 in 38, 357, and 45acp
Along with Bullseye, they all shoot good.
And they are all hard to find locally.

AA5 was really surprising in all of them and it meters like water

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with swampratt on the AA#5, the only thing is to be careful not to seat bullets too deeply with it, as pressures seem to skyrocket when that happens. I load a really wide variety of pistol stuff with #5. AA#2 is good, and I use a lot of WW-231 and bullseye as well. When I can get it, I like titegroup pretty well. On small caliber stuff, (25acp and 32acp) I use Alliant Red dot. Unique works well for almost any handgun caliber, and I like several of the shotgun powders like PB for handgun stuff as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom