Practical Jokes at Work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I snuck over to my BIL one morning before work and let the air out of his tire so he was late to work when he got there he knew I did it to him so while I was out in a company truck he got in my samurai and took the seat out and hid it in the warehouse.

The guys in the warehouse took it a step further and told me he took it home? So I drove to his house on a milk crate and then had to drive back to work and get my seat so the joke was on me twice?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a new engineer who was always leaving his office unlocked and his computer on. Somebody (I know not whom) would watch for him to leave his office and go in and send an email to the plant managertelling him what a sorry SOB he was, how crappy the job was and his resignation. It took over a month before he would lock his office door when leaving.

When leaving their car door unlocked, put a styrofoam cup full of water on their sun visor. When they back out and hit the brakes - lap full of water.

Antiseize on the phone and give them a call.

WAYYYYYYYYYYY back - We had to carry pagers. Some places did not allow them, so we would put them on vibrate and hide in out pockets. Wait until you saw a tech working on some high voltage equipment and give him a page. Had more than one screwdriver stuck in the ceiling. :laugh6:

Take some surgical tubing. Tie a knot in 1 end. Fill with water. Lay tubing in a drawer and pinch the end shut with the drawer.

Car keys left on desk. Place in coffe cup full of water and place in the freezer.

Charge a high voltage capacitor and carefully lay it in the urinal or place back in the parts bin.

Just some of the things I've heard of - would never participate in horseplay of any kind.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever tied a live possum to someone's desk chair and wait for them to be seated first thing in the morning? They will make a mess. Unsrew the air vent and close it, fill with baby powder! It will make a nice white cloud and a ghost!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Practical----Joke = Conflict of terms.

I have a cousin who lost a really good job when the target of a hilarious "practical joke" got hurt.

The biggest problem is with escalation. Things start out small, and pretty soon it's WW III.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my CNE instructors back in the day told us about a joke that went awry. At the time he was working tech support for a large national bank when a lady called him, complaining that her computer was beeping, so he told her to hold the handset near the computer so he could hear what was happening. (IIRC, he was working out of DFW, and she was in NJ.) She did, and he heard the beeps, which were just normal POST failure beeps; without thinking, he immediately replied, "OH MY GOD, RUN! IT'S GONNA BLOW!"

The next thing he hears is the clatter of the handset hitting the floor, accompanied by the sound of running footsteps fading into the distance.

Fortunately for him, it turned out that a certain senior VP had a very good sense of humor...

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An air traffic controller at the Leesburg center was asked by his wife to do the honors with the--numerous--halloween trick or treaters who came to their upscale house. He was peeved. When the kiddies had mostly gone home, he told her he had to go to the bathroom and asked her to watch the door.

He slipped around the house, rang the bell, and when his wife opened the door, there he was, yelling "trick or treat!" He was dressed in a ski mask.

She freaked. And freaked. and freaked. And had to be taken to the ER by ambulance and ended up in a "nervous hospital" for a goodly length of time. Last I heard she still wasn't back to her old self, though this all happened a long time ago. I have had severeal students who worked with the guy, and they all told the same story.

My guess is that she had some heavy baggage that was ripped open by the sight of a naked man in a ski mask on her porch. I am pretty sure the guy didn't intend the harm that ensued from his prank.

Again, practical joke=oxymoron

A friend of mine was a pretty good computer guy. He worked with a woman who could, with effort, use the word processor pretty well. He caught her away from her computer, and hit control/alt/down arrow. This will invert the screen on many computers. He was called away before she returned, and when he came back, she had turned the monsterous CRT monitor upside down and was continuing to work.

If you try this and it works, hit ctrl/alt/up arror to fix what you messed up.

Last edited:

warwagon01

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
one place i worked we would catch a guy in the stall takein care of business we would light a couple of smoke bombs throw them in there we lit a couple other smoke bombs through them under a vehicle as smoke came up under the guy thought batteries were fixin to blow started jumpin around tryin to unhook them those were good times

soonertodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just did this yesterday. take a Snickers bar and a lighter or mini torch,heat up Snickers til nice and gooey then smear all over the toilets in restroom. spent all afternoon watching guys come out ands say "who crapped all over the bathroom" haha usually i let them in on it but let it play out.only 3 of us knew. today 9am we have a meeting and boss says "if some one sh*ts all over the bathroom again we're pressing charges and calling the police!" haha he still doesnt know

Latest posts

Top Bottom