prarie dog hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i can hook you up on prarie dogs all you can kill . you have to drive out to boise city can be contacted at 580 517 1883

LOL Well as long as it aint my honey hole out there. MY gpa has a ton of land I go shoot on and he still lives in boise. Do you know the Folkers?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The current GW in Osage county used to have the panhandle for his area. He said that knocking on doors out there can usually be sucessful, but some texas outfitters are leasing up lots of it. I personally don't know, just repeating what the GW told me.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally can't believe anybody would pay to shoot prairie dogs. I mean really? You know many farmers pay the government to poison the damn things, and someone is actually gonna pay to go shoot them?

It is all for convenience. It takes a lot of leg work to go find them and establish a relationship with a landowner. If a guy can pay someone $100 bucks a day to put them on the dogs and gives them good shooting, lots of people will pay it. To some people, $100 is no big thing for a good day of shooting and they didn't have spend any time looking for spots.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the towns I found took a hell of a lot more than $100 bucks a day! by the time you spend weeks on the phone with all sorts of folks then the trip up to meet them and check out the places, fuel, hotel, eats you get the hint why folks don't just say "Come on let's go" but I can tell you that most of my places and the people I know out West the dogs are getting scarce! the plague went thru several years ago and when it hit them the farmers hit them with a mess of green wheat so the numbers are pretty slim these days. I'm hoping they bounce back to the 400 rounds in a morning days soon, lots of good times were had busting those cute little prairie maggots. Later,

Kirk

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I guess that is the great thing about living in NW OKLA. and having family land in SW OKLA. I have lots of places to shoot dogs. My son is in Weatherford and makes regular trips to the farm to shoot dogs. I must say something I taught him and happy he can enjoy the sport.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda like where I live there are so many deer it's getting to a bad point! but I hear of people spending several thousand dollars to go shoot them I guess I don't see the difference. I wish some of my towns would come back to good health my girlfriend would really like to go try to shoot a few! Later,

Kirk

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My best spot got poisoned a couple years ago. It was a sweet deal. The farmer kept us in his home and his wife cooked for us. He didn't want us shooting any of his neighbors dogs though...just his. Went out every Memorial and Labor Day weekend for many years with my kids. I miss that place.

C

coythtr

i went saturday to a place we shot for 5yrs only to find place had flooded and wiped out almost whole town.now im lookn for new place out west any suggestions appreciated will pay to shoot

Latest posts

Top Bottom