Prayer Request for Mrs. centraloklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mrs centraloklahoma is recovering. Still in ICU. They removed 2/3 of her stomach which had what appear to be two fused together GIST tumors. They removed one tumor that looked benign from the liver. Spleen was not involved. dealing with pain management issues. Thank you for your prayers. centraloklahoma

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts for my wife.

Linda had surgery Monday morning at OU Medical Center in OKC. Surgery went well and was over in just two hours. Dr. Russell Postier performed the surgery.

They removed 2/3 of her stomach after finding she had two tumors fused together inside it. Both appear to be GIST type tumors which means "cancer". They removed a large benign looking tumor from her liver closest to her heart. The spleen was found not to be involved in the tumors and was not removed.

She has been in ICU but is doing well. She has had a previous heart situation where it races at times to 160-180 bpm for very short durations just out of the blue. This situation is keeping her for now in ICU. As of 5 pm today they haved removed all tube connections to her except one IV.

She is able to take pain meds via mouth but has needed anti cramping medication because her stomach is still adjusting to its new situation. She was able to get out of bed with assistance and sit in a chair for an hour today. She has been able to sip some water, some soup broth, and eat a few bites of jello. Her blood work has been good needing only small doses of insulin and electrolights the first 30 hours or so after surgery.

We should know exactly what type the tumors are and their growth rate within two weeks. I hope to have her home by the first of next week. She obviously looked very tired and sleeps when she can. Her mind appears clear and can she can communcate well though sometimes at a whisper. I think she has maybe lost ten pounds so far.

ICU kicks visiters out at 10 pm so I have just come home at night and head up there in the am.

I am very thankful for everyones prayers and the great staff at the hospital. Our daughters are holding up well as all they know mom has something goofy in her stomach that they had to take out. Friends and family have spoiled us.

centraloklahoma

Latest posts

Top Bottom