Prayers needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You and your family are in my thoughts. Your son has the wonderful advantage of youth, and it sounds like his attitude is very positive.

I am sure you understand that his injuries extend to those close to him, you included. So, keep an eye on yourself and others who need to be there for him. Taking care of yourself is important to being able to take care of him.

I wish all of you the very best.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bryce had surgery again this morning on his leg. It was scheduled for 8:00 a.m. and all had texts from Bryce about 6 this morning that he was waiting on them to come get him. Finally about 10:00 my wife's dad called and due to some emergency surgeries on other patients, Bryce's had been postponed until then. FIL finally called back around 1:30 and they had Bryce ready to head back to his room. They went in and cleaned out the leg again and they had to remove some of the dead muscle. But they said that as of right now the muscle that was left looked good and had blood flow to it. Which is good news. They put the vacuum pack back in his leg and they also had to put a brace on, to keep his foot flexed. He could point his foot before but not flex it and the muscle they had to cut out was part of the muscle that flexes the foot. So he will have to wear this brace to keep that foot flexed. They will have to go back in on Friday or Saturday and clean the leg out again and check the muscles again. My wife and daughters are leaving in the morning to go and stay a few days with him. My FIL has been there since Monday. And my sister has been going back and forth checking on him daily too. Thank you again for all the prayers, he seems to be doing pretty good and progressing along well. Still a long ways to go and more surgeries ahead, but right now just praying the remaining muscle stays healthy!!

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bryce is out of surgery and in recovery. The surgery went well this morning. They did have to remove a little more of the same muscle as before. But there was no infection and everything else looked good. They will have to go in and do this same surgery again probably Tuesday. Thank you for all the continued prayers, we appreciate them!

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TODAYS UPDATE

Update on Bryce for today: He is out of surgery and doing good. They did have to remove a little bit more muscle, but again, it was all part of the same muscle as before. They did take a small part of the back leg muscle and attached it around to the front just for some stability. The remaining muscle looks good and healthy now and the great news is they were able to close up the big wound in his leg today. The Dr. was extremely happy about that and said that was a big step forward. They are giving him a break now until next Monday, he will not have to have any more surgeries this week!!! Next Monday the plan is to hopefully be able to close up the smaller wound in his leg and then start the skin grafting process. So as the Dr. said "we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel" If things continue to go well, the Dr. said he could possibly be moved to rehab the end of next week. He said Bryce will have to wear the brace on his leg indefinitely, and may require or want more surgeries on his foot on down the road if he needs some help with mobility. But that is a long ways off and just a "see how things go" type situation. We are so thankful to God and to the Drs. and to all of you for all the continued prayers for Bryce. It will be a big adjustment for him with this brace, but it could have been so much worse, so we are extremely thankful!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom