price gouging Tulsa gun shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cheaper Than Dirt.................They get scared and stop selling guns..............They jack the prices up and fuel this crazy ass frenzy that everyone seems to be in...........I have spent thousands through CTD but as of DEC 17th 2012 they will no longer get a single dime out of me.

DONGS..............well to you have to look any further than their name to figure out that you will be dealing with a shack full of retarted folks???????????????? They can sell to the sheep, the blind and the lazy............I walked in once, was treated like a 3rd class 1900's Irish Immigrant (sorry for the phrasing but it applies here) and decided that if they did not want my excess cash then I would spend it someplace else. I went back a year later (forgot about the first time) and was again treated like I did not deserve to even breath the same air as the high and mighty all knowing gun salesmen. If DONGS had the last remaining rifle, pistol or shotgun in existance and they were selling it for only a single dollar I would not give them my business. How this place continues to keep the lights on is a story worthy of the X-Files.

that right there is funny i dont care who ya are.

csmith441

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Cheaper Than Dirt yesterday afternoon on my way back from Longview. I had to go to CTD to see what the prices were.
i81.photobucket.com_albums_j217_Csmith441_CheaperThanDirt_zps728a24d1.jpg

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem lies with places like Dongs and CTD that continually mark there prices up by 100% every day until the products stops moving then they back it off to the previous days prices because that is the highest margin and the product will still move. They do this because the market will support it in the current climate. This mentality is what appears wrong to me.

That criticism would make sense to me if these places were holding themselves out as charities or something, but I have absolutely no issues with people making a living by providing goods or services for the highest price they can get for them from willing buyers. To me, that is the most honest living a man can make. I wish a lot more people made their living that way, instead of off other people's taxes.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That criticism would make sense to me if these places were holding themselves out as charities or something, but I have absolutely no issues with people making a living by providing goods or services for the highest price they can get for them from willing buyers. To me, that is the most honest living a man can make. I wish a lot more people made their living that way, instead of off other people's taxes.

So if you are standed in the middle of storm with a flat on the side of the road and the tow truck driver wants to charge you $600 because he can and you have the cash on you and are late for a wedding, you will gladly pay it because you have no choice, that is an honest living to you? What if it was an epi pen at the drug store for $500 or what about $1500 while you were having an allergic reaction? Would you pay it? Do you think the whole world should work like that? How long would your current income be sustainable if this was the way the world functioned. Are you part of the MOB?

Maybe that tow truck driver tells you that if you needed a spare that bad you should have already had it in the trunk. Sorry, should have had the epi pen in your pocket already.

I concede that our opinions are going to always differ on this subject. I just see it as people taking advantage of a situation, and not just any situation but a very tragic situation. I strongly disagree with these sales tactics. I can see people have a super cool or super desirable product and making 800% profit off of said product. Just taking a normal product and taking advantage of a situation to turn there product in to an extraordinary product to yeild super profits doesn't seem right to me.

The guns and ammo price gouging is akin to the American Red Cross selling bottles of water for three chickens in Hati after the earthquake. Its taking advantage cuz we are greedy bastards.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if you are standed in the middle of storm with a flat on the side of the road and the tow truck driver wants to charge you $600 because he can and you have the cash on you and are late for a wedding, you will gladly pay it because you have no choice, that is an honest living to you? What if it was an epi pen at the drug store for $500 or what about $1500 while you were having an allergic reaction? Would you pay it? Do you think the whole world should work like that? How long would your current income be sustainable if this was the way the world functioned. Are you part of the MOB?

Maybe that tow truck driver tells you that if you needed a spare that bad you should have already had it in the trunk. Sorry, should have had the epi pen in your pocket already.

Are you a Marxists(do you believe we should have centrally controlled markets to protect against "gouging")? Those examples are full of holes, and not relevant to the conversation. We are riding on Supply & Demand right now in the firearms industry and it will settle down.

Yes, people are taking advantage of the supply & demand wave(no one is forcing you to buy anything), but there will always be someone there to take advantage of it(it always has been and always will be the case).

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DONGS I don't like them to begin with ! a factory glock 30 rd. mag. $150.00 and the list goes on ! dont lower yourself to their standerds please ! Tell everyone you know !

Funny cause I just bought a XD9SC there for $479 when Bass Pro had them listed for $549, doesn't seem like gouging to me. I have noticed some of there stuff is higher while other stuff is cheaper than some other places. I think it more depends on what exactly your after & what they are getting it for as well. If supplier cost goes up so does consumer for the most part.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you a Marxists(do you believe we should have centrally controlled markets to protect against "gouging")? Those examples are full of holes, and not relevant to the conversation. We are riding on Supply & Demand right now in the firearms industry and it will settle down.

Yes, people are taking advantage of the supply & demand wave(no one is forcing you to buy anything), but there will always be someone there to take advantage of it(it always has been and always will be the case).

I am not a Mazxists, I am an Oklahoman. It still means something to me. Honest and hardworking.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a Mazxists, I am an Oklahoman. It still means something to me. Honest and hardworking.

For that, I applaud and respect you....

You say you work hard, but you do think you are compensated fairly? I am sure there are guys that do the same thing for less.....should we bring your rates down or their rates up? I am not trying to get into a pissing match with your not am I trolling; just trying to convey a simple point - setting prices based on what someone thinks is fair(rather than letting the markets decide based on several factors, including supply and demand) is not what this country was/is/or should be about.

If you don't like the price, go somewhere else. If supply shortages dictate you can't go somewhere else, you can wait for them to come down, buy at that price, or not buy at all(no one is forcing you to buy anything). How is this unfair? Its what hard working Americans do to make money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom