Price of deer processing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wandering whAt everyone pays for processing. I have been doing it myself the last few years, but the local places charge $75 if you field dress the animal. Some coworkers just got back from hunting in South Carolina, they said that the cost was $50 there and that was with the processor gutting, skinning, and cutting the meat however you want.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've taken one to Terry's Taxidermy this year and I believe the prices range from $65 - $85 for processing depending on the field dressed weight. $25 additional for skinning, $1 / pound for jerky slices. I've processed two on my own this year and it seems to take me a long time to do it myself, so I can almost justify taking it to the processor to have them take care of it. I believe most of the places around the metro have similar prices... I've heard of lower prices in some smaller towns, but Terry's does a good job and they're close to where I live.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Perry one person charges 65.00, 15.00 to skin.

They will make you sausage, hamburger, butterfly the straps and roll the roasts.

not bad considering the time it takes.

We skinned, and quartered my wife's buck Sunday morning but dropped off my doe that evening. He has done 3 for us so far this year!

PJ

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dewey, OK -- Pecks-- $55 for all hamburger, $60 for burger and backstraps, $65 for burger, steaks, & roasts.

Delaware, OK -- $65 however you want it done

Both will add beef suet to the burger if you want for no add'l charge.. Both charge extra for jerky cuts, summer sausage, etc. and there is an extra charge if you do not field dress the deer.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only one I'm familiar with up here is Siegi's. I know the deer has to be skinned and dressed ahead of time. $45 to process if under 120 lbs, then .55 after that. $2.50/lb for special sausages. Fee includes vac packing roasts and straps and .55/lb for grinding. $5 deboning fee. I think its pretty standard. Wish I could find a simpler one around Tulsa though. Too many options and prices at this one.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid $120 for one of mine here in Antlers. Forget how much the base charge was, but I had loins and tenderloins whole, half made into jalapeno and cheese summer sausage, and the rest ground. Their sausage is outstanding, even better than Fischer's down in Muenster, TX. Since I don't grind or make sausage, it is worth that to have it done. The rest I just do myself and do roasts, steaks, and jerky meat.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I try to do my own. I figured I already have $100 a pound invested in the deer when you figure in foodplots, time, bullets, guns etc...... I see that there is no need toincrease the price any more, the more I think about it the madder I get at the deer. I don't see me changing my ways no matter what it cost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom