Pro-Gun vs Anti-Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading anti-gun articles till 3 am last night, and just couldn't figure out - how can people be so far "off" from my thinking. And I think I almost got my finger on it - it's the perception of the weapon.

For anti-gun people guns are used only in criminal situation - mostly intended for assaulting people. And that's why "assault" weapon ban appeals to well to them.

For me - gun is the great equalizer when me and my family are being assaulted.

If a criminal decided to assault someone - it has little to do with the gun - they can use ANYTHING.

If three guys are breaking into my house - there is nothing like a gun that would protect me from absolutely certain harm to me and my family.

And that's where the difference lies - taking responsibility for your family, or just blaming for what happened to your family.

And that's what I don't understand - how can someone come into my house and tell me that all I need is a 10 round magazine ... why not 9? why not 12 or 27 or 6? Where is the logic?

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I tell the non gun crowd that the primary reason I own guns is not self defense, they just don't understand the concept.

I honestly think it is geography. So many grow up in the huge metropolitan areas and never see an open field, or a gun not on TV. It is just a foreign concept.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
American's have lost all capacity for independent thinking. Most are sheep who sit in front of their TV's and regurgitate whatever the White House tells the main stream media to push. This is the reason I do not expect anything to change and for things to continue getting worse.

michaelnc4444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is more than that. The anti-gun crowd views the purpose of guns to kill, therefore they believe "assault rifles" are super duper killing machines. The purpose of a gun is not to kill. Is that a consequence of using one? More often than not, yes... The purpose though is one of three things.

1) Hunting, not sport hunting, hunting to feed your family or yourself.
2) Sport, target shooting, clays, hunting for sport...
3) DEFENSE, defense against criminals, terrorists, and most importantly, tyrants.

In addition to this, most of them truly fail to understand the 2nd Amendment. The media has them convinced that the 2nd is for hunting and defense against muggers... These things are afterthoughts, as I said above, defense against the tyrants was the first and foremost reason for this right.

The first 10 Amendments were obviously the ones they felt were the most important. The 1st says you have the right to be free, the 2nd says you have the right to defend that freedom. How is this hard for them to understand?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"You cannot reason a man out of something he did not reason himself into in the first place" (Jonathan Swift). Most people who hate guns fear them--emotions, not logic at work there. And, if you have kids in school in America, you can bet the words "school shooting" frighten a lot of people.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the NE of the USA is a ton of liberals, and unfortunately that is also where a all the MSM is located. Outside of PA, Vermont and some of Maine, the rest hate guns and have the MSM to tell the world about it. big ,east coast urban areas are the breeding ground of liberal, anti-gun, anti-rural, f--k 'em there are just fly-over states attitude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom