Problems with Midfirst Bank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without going into detail me and my wife have experienced extremely poor service from Midfirst, a bank that we have been with for 10+ years. From what I understand, we aren't the only ones who have had issues with their business practices. When we pressed them, we mentioned our dedication to them and the fact that we have given them our business for so long, and they effectively shrugged their shoulders and said "Tough".
We told them today that we will be closing our account with them and joining a local credit union.
Anyone here recommend a local credit union over a bank?
Any advice, ideas?
Thanks.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just quit Midfirst after being there for 3 years, I can honestly say they got a handful of new managers and most of them are god aweful

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a lot of issues with the bureaucracy way back in '04-'05. Haven't been back except when shopping for a mortgage in '07, at which point their rate and fees were both significantly higher than the next highest offer. Been with Legacy Bank since 2007 and haven't had a single issue.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TFCU is a good union! No issues
I know people who've had issues with them, but I've had an account with them for 20 years with no issues of note--and they have branches all over the OKC metro area (including two in Norman, and one of them is on the east side of town!). I've also heard good things about Communications Credit Union, but I've not dealt with them myself.

Just make sure whichever CU you choose is an ATM Zone member--then you get free use of other CU's ATMs (as long as they're also ATM Zone members) in Oklahoma. http://www.atmzone.com/

Glock N Load

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I was pretty excited when they opened the east side location in Norman...then i moved too Moore
I know people who've had issues with them, but I've had an account with them for 20 years with no issues of note--and they have branches all over the OKC metro area (including two in Norman, and one of them is on the east side of town!). I've also heard good things about Communications Credit Union, but I've not dealt with them myself.

Just make sure whichever CU you choose is an ATM Zone member--then you get free use of other CU's ATMs (as long as they're also ATM Zone members) in Oklahoma. http://www.atmzone.com/

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There are actually two on the East side, Campus corner and one on Main St.

Latest posts

Top Bottom