Propane generator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Figured I wouldn't clutter up the general forum with this question.

Anyone have any thoughts on propane generators?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...ci_sku=32905&gclid=CJij-5b-o7cCFa9fQgodwEwA5w

It seems like they would have a few advantages, mostly related to fuel storage.

Thats a nice generator. We are total electric and don't have NG available so we decided on an LP standby generator. We put in a 500 gal tank and a 16kw Generac. We have since converted our cooktop top to propane and also added a heater to the garage. Our generator can run pretty much everything but having a smaller one available would be really nice. I have a cheapo gas one but it grenaded a couple years ago.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a nice generator. We are total electric and don't have NG available so we decided on an LP standby generator. We put in a 500 gal tank and a 16kw Generac. We have since converted our cooktop top to propane and also added a heater to the garage. Our generator can run pretty much everything but having a smaller one available would be really nice. I have a cheapo gas one but it grenaded a couple years ago.

do you still have the generator head? if so hit up harbor freight and buy their preditor engine. then get a carb conversion for propane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom