Propane price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worth a phone call if it's correct.
1645889686666.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your price is still less than what we had to pay back prior to our retirement in 2014. We had leased a 100 gallon tank from AmeriGas in OKC and had them deliver it and fill it next to our RV. I think they charged us extra because they had to come by for less than a hundred gallons, and our prices back then (if I remember right) was at least $3.50 a gallon or higher.

We just had our leased tank filled on Wednesday, and I think the price was similar to yours.

Quoting myself because I have to correct myself. The price for our recent (last Wednesday) LP fill-up was $2.30 from Morrison Propane out of Minco.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those who purchase propane, you could hedge against price increases (or decreases) by trading propane with futures or options.

Below are spot prices and a better description of the chart. What you pay out of pocket as a retail customer could include these additional costs; taxes, transportation and mark up that are not included in the spot price below.

CCCF04F4-AACA-4BFE-BD6F-FB6B690B3DC6.png

The Mont Belvieu Propane Spot Price is the current price at which propane produced in Mont Belvieu, TX is trading in US dollars per gallon. Buyers and sellers in the propane market track the Mont Belvieu propane spot price as it is a strategic geographic location in North America for the production and processing of propane, given its proximity for both onshore and offshore transportation. Historically, the propane spot price peaked during periods of lower national inventory such as the winter of 2014 with a price of 1.695 USD per gallon.

Mont Belvieu Propane Spot Price is at a current level of 1.288, down from 1.293 the previous market day and up from 0.945 one year ago. This is a change of -0.39% from the previous market day and 36.30% from one year ago.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/mont_belvieu_propane_spot_price

Here are the current option prices. This also gives an idea of how the market expects the propane prices to fluctuate.

https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/energy/petrochemicals/conway-propane-opis-swap.html

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid $2.20/gallon about 6 weeks ago. With this recent cold spell I kept a fire in the fireplace 24/7. If the furnace came on I put more wood on the fire.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lake Eufaula.............Fiiled today..............195 gallons..............price was $2.95.................. Wowser!!

At least it gets me thru to next winter. Hopefully

Latest posts

Top Bottom