Property Taxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my property tax bill today...A whopping 17% increase over last year!

I own my rural property outright and have made no major improvements over last year.

Is this a statewide thing that Queen Mary slipped through or more handiwork from our corrupt
Creek County officials?

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A. There is a one month I believe protest period
B. There IS a 5% cap on increases
C. If there have been bond issues approved by voters there can be increases beyond the 5% cap.
D. ?

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have property in both Mayes and Deleware County....both have went up this year! It's bullcrap. I'm getting sick of these increases.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 5% cap is statewide and some seniors can qualify for an income based 0% cap.

Homestead Property shall be frozen by the County Assessor if the following conditions exist:
The homestead property owner is age 65 or older.
• The gross household income from all sources, except gifts, does not exceed the amount determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (H.U.D.) for your county.
•Property must be a valid homestead property with proper evidence of a homestead or an application.
•As with any homestead, the general statutes for homestead qualification apply to the freeze.
• The statutes specify that only one homestead and, by extension, only one freeze is permitted.
• The freeze applies only to the homestead property used as a domicile and may not be applied to non-homestead property.
(Reference 68 O.S. Ann. Sections 2888, 2893 and applicable Attorney General Opinions.)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my property tax bill today...A whopping 17% increase over last year!

I own my rural property outright and have made no major improvements over last year.

Is this a statewide thing that Queen Mary slipped through or more handiwork from our corrupt
Creek County officials?

But did they show an increase in assessed value? If land prices went up, AND tax rate went up... it could be a combination?

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
69c.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom