Property Taxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand some counties are using drones now to avoid trespass.

Avoid trespass, maybe.

Find unseen property improvements, absolutely.

Drones and satellite photos. Heck, even Google maps !

Swimming pools, outbuildings, landscaping, fences. All improve property, and raise value. Some can't be seen from the road. All are taxable.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Avoid trespass, maybe.

Find unseen property improvements, absolutely.

Drones and satellite photos. Heck, even Google maps !

Swimming pools, outbuildings, landscaping, fences. All improve property, and raise value. Some can't be seen from the road. All are taxable.
Bingo. The State never misses a chance at a revenue grab.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sign.jpg

I really don't want to appear unfriendly, and all my rural neighbors know they can count on me if they need me, but I have two Keep Out signs at the entrance off the county dirt road to my drive and this sign about 100 yards later on the corner of my front porch:burnout:

(My UPS guy keeps telling me he is going to steal it if he gets the chance :burnout:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing hacks me off more. The idea that the realtor appraises my house at a certain rate and then the tax assessor comes along and assesses it for twice that amount so the county can leech off of the fact that I live in a domicile is ridiculous. Why did we even break away from Brit rule if we're just going to implement the same tax scams that made our forefathers rebel???

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing hacks me off more. The idea that the realtor appraises my house at a certain rate and then the tax assessor comes along and assesses it for twice that amount so the county can leech off of the fact that I live in a domicile is ridiculous. Why did we even break away from Brit rule if we're just going to implement the same tax scams that made our forefathers rebel???

Exactly.....Is it time we stand up again???

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly.....Is it time we stand up again???
Lol, it's PAST time as far as I'm concerned. Just the antics in the state house alone with the budget shortfalls while they're playing bump and tickle with staffers would've gotten some people tarred and feathered and the place burned down a couple hundred years ago. Nowadays nobody even wants to go down and so much as protest so the same dipshits keep getting re-elected. Apathy.... it's what's for dinner.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch your wallets. There’s a movement afoot to amend state law to allow municipalities to assess property tax as well.

The subject came up during Midwest City’s recent campaign to raise their sales tax to amongst the highest in the nation. One of the reasons given was “unfortunately we aren’t able to tap into other revenue generating methods like property tax” and “until we get the law amended to allow for municipal property taxes”. Etc....

Quite disturbing language from so called conservative leaders.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch your wallets. There’s a movement afoot to amend state law to allow municipalities to assess property tax as well.

The subject came up during Midwest City’s recent campaign to raise their sales tax to amongst the highest in the nation. One of the reasons given was “unfortunately we aren’t able to tap into other revenue generating methods like property tax” and “until we get the law amended to allow for municipal property taxes”. Etc....

Quite disturbing language from so called conservative leaders.

Scumbags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom