Public School Parking Lot Bill passes house + 5 More

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had my class five years before I sent in the paperwork. It went through.

Good to hear it. You may be the exception rather than the rule.
Maybe I should have stated that "many" certificates are being rejected after they become a year old. That's what many instructors are claiming is the case.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the solution to rumors about OSBI arbitrarily assigning an expiration date when none exists in the law is to amend the law to establish an expiration date?

Come on...that' makes no sense, and you usually make sense rawhide.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO the K-12 parking lot bill, HB2329 is the most important bill of the bunch. It could be a life saver to have a handgun in a vehicle parked in a public school parking lot. It was in the Pearl MS school shooting. It should also be pointed out that it has been legal now for some time for permit holders to leave a handgun in a vehicle in a Vo-Tech parking lot and there have been zero-zip-nada problems.

rusty-c

Marksman
Reaction score
IMO the K-12 parking lot bill, HB2329 is the most important bill of the bunch. It could be a life saver to have a handgun in a vehicle parked in a public school parking lot. It was in the Pearl MS school shooting. It should also be pointed out that it has been legal now for some time for permit holders to leave a handgun in a vehicle in a Vo-Tech parking lot and there have been zero-zip-nada problems.

As a public school teacher and a handgun permit holder this bill is very important to me. Being required to leave my weapon at home leaves me undefended a great deal of time. Let's get this one passed.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
"•HB2477 – Rep. Wood’s bill protecting citizens from being detained while carrying unconcealed weapons on their own property."
I was thinking this was already legal. Or are they talking about long guns?

There has been a few instances of communities and local law enforcement who have tried to stop gun owners (some licensed and some not) from open carrying at their places of business because communities and LE said it was against local ordinances. This law likely will overrule those local ordinances to make it a universal law.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a public school teacher and a handgun permit holder this bill is very important to me. Being required to leave my weapon at home leaves me undefended a great deal of time. Let's get this one passed.

Ditto on HB2329. I frequently am unable to go home to retrieve my firearm before heading to a variety of places.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so HB2329 is in the news again. A local news station has asked me to do an interview for it.

Most of you know where I stand on 2A. What other thoughts would you like me to pass along?

Latest posts

Top Bottom