Hand Pumped Swallow Water Well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried the hand drill aproach but could not get through the deep damn clay of Canadian county. Do yourself a favor and call a professional well driller. Might save you some headaches from ideas that ultimately lead to failure. Most will give a free estimate. My neighbors have had new wells drilled for as little as $2500, including the plumping system be it hand pump or electric. From what I've been told the cost is relative to your drill depth. I would even consider financing it if I couldn't afford it outright. A knowledgable professional has the tools to finish a hole properly and avoid collapse and contaminations. Its a great investment in your property and your self reliance. Pumps can be run on a variety of power sources including the human kind.

This Davis company out of Mustang has some good reviews. There are a few that service your area, just google search them and read the reviews.

Link: Davis Water Well Service

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1st water table is usually bypassed as it's not a dependable table and typically not as clean. We have this in the 150' model.
http://www.ezwaterwellhandpumps.com/order_page.htm
Long time ago I used to be the engineer on groundwater remediation projects. If there has been agricultural activity on the property for a long time, the top portion of groundwater is often contaminated with organics.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't just drive a pipe in the ground!
1) Drill a hole 4-6 inches wide until you reach the water table maybe 20-30 feet deep
2) On the bottom of your galvanized pipe you attach a feeder pipe with small holes in it so the water can get in.
3) If you use steel pipe you will have rusty water
4) Pour pea gravel in around the pipe so water can flow to bottom
some friends live by the cimarron river if they need water somewhere they just drive galvanized pipe in the ground with a sand point on the end, they usually only have to go about 15' deep

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
some friends live by the cimarron river if they need water somewhere they just drive galvanized pipe in the ground with a sand point on the end, they usually only have to go about 15' deep
My well is in sand with the water table about 15’.
the pump extends 20’ past that. I can pull the entire well string out by hand if needing to change the pump, so everything depends on where your located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom