Question about End of Days, Rapture, Tribulation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a show on the History Channel a couple of weeks back about the End of Days.

My understanding is that the timeline is as follows:

The Rapture occurs. The living Christians and dead are taken to Heaven. (Which puzzles me, because aren't the dead Christians already in Heaven?)

The seven year Tribulation begins. The first three and one half years sees the rise of the Anti-Christ, his sidekick, The False Prophet, and a one world government.

The second three and one half years is marked by disease, famine, etc. People are required to take the Mark of the Beast.

Christ returns and vanquishes the Anti-Christ and his forces in the Battle of Armageddon. Satan, the Anti-Christ, False Prophet, demons, and all their human followers are cast into the Lake of Fire.

Is this correct? The Internet is all over the place.

Those of you responding in this thread, please be respectful of others' beliefs.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's been a while, so I couldn't honestly answer with any sort of certainty, but I am curious.....was there something in the show that made you ask the question(i.e. they portrayed a different timeline)?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Timeline sounds about right, but revelations has been interpreted in as many ways as there are days since Christs passing.

Some historians even believe that revelations is how the Apostle John dealt with the rage and anger he felt towards the Roman authority machine and Emporor Domitian as a result of being exiled to Patmos. He certainly had the motive to write such a moving book.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had written several paragraphs in response to your question and I fat fingered the keyboard and lost it all. I'll try to remember what I wrote 5 minutes ago.. Getting old has its problems. Your sequence of events is pretty close to what I believe, with the caviat that the bible doesn't directly refer to The Rapture That is a term that various bible scholars have coined to describe the hosts being lifted up when Christ comes back. There are Pre-millenalists, Post Millenalists and those who have no opinion either way. For my personal preference, I hope we don't have to go through the tribulations. Hal Lindsay is one of the Bible Scholars specializing in the Book of Revelation and the end times. I started following his commentaries in the early '70s and have been to a few of his meetings in person. He was convinced that the end times were approaching within months back in the early '70s. There is scripture that says that no man shall know the day and time of the second coming. Mathew 24:36 is one place, and Mark 13:32 is another. I have been taught that the Book of Revelation isn't meant to be fully understood until that return occurs. In my 67 years of life, I become more aware of just how little I know each day. Jim

Latest posts

Top Bottom