Questions about the Glock 19 for CCL.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, one more! The 19/23 size Glock is close to perfect for a mix on concealability, control and round capacity. The 9mm cartridge, while available in fewer tried-and-tested near one-shot-stop rounds, is less expensive to shoot using factory practice ammo.

There are other good carry guns out there. Still, a G19 is near the tip top of my list.

Oldannyboy37

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you sir.
I was thinking about the 23 for a bit. I'm a bit old school when it comes to handguns and for the longest time I was bent on carrying a short 45acp 1911.
I've seem enough wicked hollow points for the 9 that I decided the cheaper ammo would be good for practicing and I could just spend some more $ on some reputable hollow points.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I echo all the above. I have carried a Glock 19 very often since the SDA law went into effect. (Still sometimes carry my Kahr K9 or CW9 and/or a S&W J-Frame in the pocket though). For IWB best, I use an RM Low Rider holster and the G19 disappears, even with just a loose t-shirt or untucked polo. For carry OWB on the belt, I like the Kramer Belt Scabbard. Get a GOOD gun belt too; don't waste money on a cheapo belt or the whole rig will sag and flop around. A crappy belt negates the best of holsters, as I am sure most here would agree. Looper has some reasonably priced and decent belts at H&H in 1 1/2'' width that will support the G19 just fine IMO. The Wilderness Instructor Belts are also fine for the Glock 19 IMO; again, in 1 1/2" width. Kramer, Beltman, Sparks, Rosen, Galco etc all make great belts too. No flimsy wally-world belts allowed or you are wasting your money! The Glock 19 is uber-reliable and a fine weapon for CCW if you get some training, practice, and remember that your booger-picker IS your primary safety!

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of belts. A good belt doesn't have to be expensive. I quit using leather belts when I discovered this:

https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?ProductID=3313&CatalogID=254

The Matrix belt has all of the good qualities of leather, without the bad. Best of all, when used with a leather holster, the wearer doesn't creak & squeak like a saddle horse wearing a worn out saddle.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Glock 19 is a good gun, maybe the best choice if you can have only one handgun. Don't count the 1911 out yet though. With a good holster and belt the weight is not an issue and I find my 1911 actually conceals better than my G19 because of the width.

Also, don't buy into the Glock "perfection" crap. I've had more malfunctions with my G26 and G19 than all my other guns put together. I bring this up not to bash Glock, I really like them, but I think a lot of people have too much faith in their handgun of choice. Don't think because you're getting a Glock you've got a 100% reliable gun. Randomly mix some snap caps in when practicing to simulate malfunctions and work on clearing drills. Might look into taking some classes as well. Mindset and training are far more important than the brand of gun you're carrying.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned seven Glocks total, and currently own five. I have never experienced a single malfunction--ever. Four of the seven were police trade-ins. Two of them were very heavily used trade-ins. One, a 23, had one end of the recoil spring rod broken off. It shot just fine. All of mine have been 9 mm .40 caliber models.

I don't shoot reloads in semi-autos. And I clean them after I shoot them. Every time. Maybe that's the reason I've had such great luck with Glocks.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have carried quite a few handguns. But for concealed carry, the Glock is hard to beat. I have a Gen 4 Glock 19 that fits my hand, points well, accurate and reliable. Since I am sitting down much of the day I carry mine in a Blackhawk Serpa set up for a cross draw. I may switch to a Crossbreed later this year. Can't go wrong with a Glock 19.

Latest posts

Top Bottom