Questions about the Glock 19 for CCL.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldannyboy37

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forums. I'll start by introducing myself.
My name is Danny and I'm currently waiting for my 21st birthday to get a CCL. I have prior experience with handguns as I've been shooting almost my entire life.
I am studying local law and getting ready for the classes, I don't turn 21 untill 2012 so I have a bit of time to study up and practice.
I had several questions for anyone who has carried for any real lengthy period of time.
1. If you've carried a Glock 19 or any other comparable handgun for any lengthy period of time how did you like it? Was it easy to conceal with the proper clothing and holster or did you have problems.
2. Are you still carrying it or did you scale down for any reason?
3. Did you have an issues with the handgun in particular.

Thank you in advance for the information and answers.

My apologies. I also forgot to mention that I'll be carrying on the weekends as my college does not currently allow firearms on the campus. I will be carrying inside the waistband. I am also willing to adjust my clothing around the firearm I.E looser fitting pants and a slightly oversized button up shirt sized to avoid printing.

Last edited:

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Glock 19s and a pair of Glock 23s that I carry. They are easy to conceal. If you compare them beside a J-Frame Smith & Wesson you'll see that they are about the same size--and weight if the J-Frame is a steel frame.

Mine ride easily and comfortably in a belt slide holster under a t-shirt.

Issues with the gun(s)? Nope. I plan on getting a fourth generation of each model to got with my second & third generations.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 19 nearly every day. I have a smaller piece (KelTec PF-9) when absolutely required, but that is rare. The G19 is rather lightweight for the size and capacity, comparatively. It's been noticeably more comfortable than other guns I've carried that are similarly sized, which include a 4" steel 1911 (too heavy, and the beavertail safety can be nasty when bending), Sig P228 (large, still heavier than the Glock), and 3" revos (low cap, heavy, don't balance right in a holster; too much weight in the grip).

Oldannyboy37

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey thanks. That's good to know. I normally don't like Glocks that much but the compact models really seem to fit my hand. I was looking for something I could use for a concealed carry pistol and a non concealed deffensive pistol and the 19 seems to fit that perfectly.
Thanks for the infomation.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Glock 19 will start growing on you once you start shooting it and carrying it. By far the best holster I've found for it is also one of the cheapest:

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=33

awww.donhume.com_images_large_2008_H710_web_LRG.jpg

Oldannyboy37

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you both. I like Don Hume Holsters. I have one for my 1911.
I've always wanted a 19. I never really cared much for the other Glock models because of how they felt in my hand, the 23 and 19 feel good though.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
G19 is an excellent choice IMO. I bought my daughter a gen4 which she really likes.
She mostly shoots light loads and since she's got the 04 spring it's not missed a beat for her. The 03 spring worked fine for me but she would have an occasional hiccup with the lighter loads but not the heavier.
If I were limited to a single pistol, it would likely be a 19.

Latest posts

Top Bottom