questions before posting for sale adds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calixt0

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
hello all, I'm considering selling a few guns and a scope to fund another project. I have no idea what to ask for the guns so thought I would ask advice.

first savage axis 270 has boyds feather weight thumb hole stock in nutmeg and rifle basix sav-2 trigger. should I sell as is or piece out? or offer it both ways. I still have all the pieces to put it back to stock. price as is? what should a used axis in stock config go for?

second is a Howa 1500 supreme varinter stainless and pepper in 223. It has less than 500 (probably less than 300 but don't want to be dishonest). On it sits a sightron sii 6-24x42 milldot scope. Again pieces or whole unit.. what should be going rate of a howa, a sightron scope (always been mounted in burris signature rings)?

Thanks for the advice. I've sold 2 guns my entire life and nothing in the last 15 years. any advice appreciated! When I decide what to do I'll list it here first.

calixt0

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
how much do you have in the Howa and how much do you think it is worth?
how much I have in it doesn't matter.. I assume I'll loose some.. How much its worth? I have very little idea. I know regions make a big difference on prices but last august I was at the big gun show in Reno NV and saw several used similar to mine with people asking $7-800. I don't know if they sold or not but I did see them. The reason I ask is because I'm trying not to be that guy that his stuff is more valuable than new stuff. Again looking for guidance!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe cruise around on Armslist to see what folks are askin for em. If you ask too much you'll know cuz you won't get any interest. You can always lower em til you start getting hits.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
how much I have in it doesn't matter.. I assume I'll loose some.. How much its worth? I have very little idea. I know regions make a big difference on prices but last august I was at the big gun show in Reno NV and saw several used similar to mine with people asking $7-800. I don't know if they sold or not but I did see them. The reason I ask is because I'm trying not to be that guy that his stuff is more valuable than new stuff. Again looking for guidance!
Ok, so how much do you have in the Howa and how much do you think it is worth?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not saying that I want to buy it, I would not own a Howa anyway. I am saying how much a rifle is worth depends on how much you think it is worth vs how much the market will pay for it. If the market is below what you value it at, you are not going to sell it anyway. When you sell a gun to buy another gun the amount you lose on the original gun has to be added to cost of the second purchase, which is a point you need to take into consideration. sometimes selling a gun to buy another is not the smartest move.
If you just need to know what price too ask, I would look at completed sales on gun broker and see how much dealers have gotten.

calixt0

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been searching on gunbroker under completed sales. doesn't look good for me! only a few that are even remotely like mine and most of what I see there aren't sold .. just closed.. I assume to be relisted.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been searching on gunbroker under completed sales. doesn't look good for me! only a few that are even remotely like mine and most of what I see there aren't sold .. just closed.. I assume to be relisted.
Yeah I tried to do some research for ya. Didn't find much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom