Rabbit Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The last time my wife and me went for a walk in the woods her Jack Russelldrug like five rabbits out of the bushes. Shame he's terrified of guns, i'd shoot he'd take off and they'd find him 5 counties over and i'd be the dead one cause' I lost my wifes dog.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my youngest and one of his buddys out west of Blackwell a couple years ago and I made them stop shooting at 12. It sure was good with some gravy and mashed potatoes. One of my favorite meals...especially with a few quail thrown in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a guy and some of his clients out last weekend on a little 22 acre spot, and they killed 11. Shotguned them all in the snow. I like to use the .22 pistol. Don't hit many, but its fun doing all that shooting. Back in the 80's when rabbits were plentiful, I ran beagles, and I'm here to tell you if you like lots of moving and shooting like an IPSC shoot, that is the way to go.
I had three at one time, and after awhile you could tell when they were on a hot trail or hot on the heels of a running bunny. If the rabbits keep building up, I might have to look at another beagle or two.:D Quite tasty little critters.:D

The pheasant and quail are getting scarce.

Hunting For One

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took a guy and some of his clients out last weekend on a little 22 acre spot, and they killed 11. Shotguned them all in the snow. I like to use the .22 pistol. Don't hit many, but its fun doing all that shooting. Back in the 80's when rabbits were plentiful, I ran beagles, and I'm here to tell you if you like lots of moving and shooting like an IPSC shoot, that is the way to go.
I had three at one time, and after awhile you could tell when they were on a hot trail or hot on the heels of a running bunny. If the rabbits keep building up, I might have to look at another beagle or two.:D Quite tasty little critters.:D

The pheasant and quail are getting scarce.

Back in my younger years I lived in Michigan and ran beagles all the time,nothing like a good rabbit chase with two or three beagles.With all this snow and cold weather I think I am going to have to see if I can rely on some old tatics and see if I can jump shoot a couple.It's been a long time since I have had some fried rabbit,mashed potatoes,gravy and some home made biscuits like Mom would cook on a cold Sunday afternoon for dinner.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy and I shot a limit of rabbits last week near Ft Gibson. I've never seen such a concentration of cottontails before.

Cre8nhavoc64

New to the site!
Reaction score
I used to hunt allot around Muskogee area. I live in Broken Arrow now....... does anyone know of any good rabbit hunting areas? Been years since I've gone, but would love to find a decent spot to hunt again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom