Rain!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp, we fixin' to get wet. NWS is throwing out localized spots in either SEOK or NWARK from 10-13". Holy mother of crap; that is a deadly amount of water. Granted it's small, localized areas that may see that, but damn. Campers and floaters in the Ozarks need to get the hell out of there. I know from personal experience what a few inches of rain in a small drainage can do.

Looks like all of us will at least get a couple inches before it's said and done, and depending on where it stalls out we could get more. After the drought year I'm still kind of excited to see a few days of rain. Gonna go mow my weeds while I still can, in spite of being half-sick.

A LARGE UPPER LEVEL STORM SYSTEM CURRENTLY ALONG THE WEST
COAST WILL SLOWLY TRACK EAST OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS. ORGANIZED
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BY MONDAY
AFTERNOON AS THE LIFT ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LOW INTERACTS
WITH A MOIST AND UNSTABLE ENVIRONMENT. THE COMBINATION OF
ABUNDANT MOISTURE AND THE SLOW MOVING SYSTEM WILL LEAD TO
SEVERAL ROUNDS OF HEAVY RAINFALL MONDAY AND CONTINUING INTO
TUESDAY EVENING. 3 TO 5 INCH TOTALS ARE ANTICIPATED WITHIN THE
WATCH AREA...WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS APPROACHING 10 INCHES POSSIBLE
ACROSS SOUTHEAST OKLAHOMA AND NORTHWEST ARKANSAS. MODERATE TO
MAJOR RIVER FLOODING WILL LIKELY OCCUR SHOULD THESE RAIN
AMOUNTS BE REALIZED.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=OK&prodtype=watches

Multimedia Briefing

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished mowing myself. Now my allergies will be killing me but at least it's done before the rain starts.

Hopefully we can make some progress on refilling the ponds and lakes.
Lake Tbird is a mess. I don't know if it will every really be the same.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the yard trimmed and the weed & feed dropped yesterday morning about 6:45 am in anticipation of this. But the last 18 hours have nothing but teased us here in T-Town.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We really can't complain about any rain at this point.
Wild thing is, we were in this exact situation last year before it all completely stopped. Eastern Oklahoma and Arkansas got pounded with record flooding. I floated the lower part of the Buffalo in September, and when we hit the White below Bull Shoals they were still running the equivalent of 7 out of 8 generators around the clock, trying to dump water that fell 5 months earlier. Weird contrast with the Buffalo lower than it had been in 31 years, and the entire area way behind on rainfall. If some of these totals verify, they could start to push lakes like Beaver back towards max flood pool.

We still need a lot of rain. Texas needs it much worse.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also mowed yesterday in anticipation but didn't leave enough time to drop the bug killer. Now I'm afraid that if I do it today it will all get washed away.
I really need to get it down to kill off the siblings of the two seed ticks that found me yesterday. What to do, what to do...

:homer:

Latest posts

Top Bottom