Raising gun purchasing age to 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll make changes to firearms law now to quiet the libs, then another shooting will happen (because, whadyaknow, the new laws didn't help), and they'll want more.

It's becoming clear in these town halls that their real motive is to remove guns from the population. Of course we've known that for a while, they're just letting it slip during their mindless screaming.
They're like a kid in the toy store when told he can't have something. Just get him something to shut him up.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll make changes to firearms law now to quiet the libs, then another shooting will happen (because, whadyaknow, the new laws didn't help), and they'll want more.

It's becoming clear in these town halls that their real motive is to remove guns from the population. Of course we've known that for a while, they're just letting it slip during their mindless screaming.
They're like a kid in the toy store when told he can't have something. Just get him something to shut him up.
Rubio was an idiot for going.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With respect to the discussion points about Audie Murphy, he didn't have both parents in his youth. His family was abandoned at some point by his father, so Audie quit school so he could work to support his family.

If one hasn't ever seen it, rent "To Hell and Back" and view his story. Now that he has come up in this discussion, I'll have to get my DVD out and watch that tonight.

And, as an aside to this whole argument on age, I purchased my first rifle when I was a pre-teen (10 to 12 years old). My parents had already seen that I showed proficiency and safety consciousness enough to have my own. They even let me walk down to the lumber/hardware store and pick out the firearm. Oddly, at almost 72 years old, I can still remember that it cost me $16 for the .22 bolt action rifle.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
With respect to the discussion points about Audie Murphy, he didn't have both parents in his youth. His family was abandoned at some point by his father, so Audie quit school so he could work to support his family.

If one hasn't ever seen it, rent "To Hell and Back" and view his story. Now that he has come up in this discussion, I'll have to get my DVD out and watch that tonight.

And, as an aside to this whole argument on age, I purchased my first rifle when I was a pre-teen (10 to 12 years old). My parents had already seen that I showed proficiency and safety consciousness enough to have my own. They even let me walk down to the lumber/hardware store and pick out the firearm. Oddly, at almost 72 years old, I can still remember that it cost me $16 for the .22 bolt action rifle.
but, now you live close to California.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but, now you live close to California.

Perhaps, I am closer, but I was raised close to the philosophies of Audie Murphy's. My home town consisted largely of people who had survived WWII, the Depression, and the Dust Bowl. Those philosophical tenets for raising kids hadn't changed that much from the Greatest Generation to the early Baby Boomers.

Well...at least for Oklahoma standards of raising kids. Some of my generation gave us the hippies, and very possibly, the nutjob professors and liberal policy makers that started the downward trend.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maj Murphy was a rare breed that either knew he was a total badarse or didn't care if he died. Either way he was a hero and suffered his personal demons for many years in private. Traitors are another breed entirely and share no common genes with men that fight honorably given their missions and situations. SFC Rehn, SGT Evans, SSG Brown, SGT Greisse, CPT Sheetze, SPC Gonzales, PFC Grigg, CW5 Weeks, CSM Wilson, PFC Ott and SFC Philippe fought honorably and died in direct combat. This is my list of personal losses, all had the metal of MAJ Murphy, none of them shared one shred of DNA with the traitors mentioned earlier. It is not 1 to 1, the good ones far outway the pieces of crap!!

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Maj Murphy was a rare breed that either knew he was a total badarse or didn't care if he died. Either way he was a hero and suffered his personal demons for many years in private. Traitors are another breed entirely and share no common genes with men that fight honorably given their missions and situations. SFC Rehn, SGT Evans, SSG Brown, SGT Greisse, CPT Sheetze, SPC Gonzales, PFC Grigg, CW5 Weeks, CSM Wilson, PFC Ott and SFC Philippe fought honorably and died in direct combat. This is my list of personal losses, all had the metal of MAJ Murphy, none of them shared one shred of DNA with the traitors mentioned earlier. It is not 1 to 1, the good ones far outway the pieces of crap!!
I have a few too that were just great guys. I also had a few that worked for me that I had to tell to stop acting scared because they were scaring the privates.
I was just reading how the school resource officer stayed outside of the building for 4 of the 6 minutes the shooter was killing students. The fact that the resource officer was a coward adds to the reasons we need teachers armed in the classrooms.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/22/trump-gun-minimum-age/

Such ********. I'm in my mid 20s so it doesn't effect me. But I got my first rifle at 18.

There seems to be this double standard in this country. Either you're an adult responsible for your own actions or you're a minor. You can't be both at the same time. Old enough to get married and have kids, not old enough to drink a beer after a long day at work.

Old enough to die for your country, potentially against your will, but not old enough to own a gun.

The way I see it, choose an age. 18, 20, 21 whatever. But you're either an adult or You're not. This half adulthood stuff is just ********. At least 18 year olds can vote now.

If You're not old enough to drink a beer in the governments eyes, you sure as hell shouldn't be in Afghanistan losing limbs.
I am all in favor of raising the voting age to 25.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dave,

Thanks for that. I didn't know that Audie Murphy had gone back into military service, thus receiving the rank of Major prior to his leaving the Guard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom