Random stuff you have repaired.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy fixing broken things, as it really is not covered under stuff you have made ,I thought it would be another good interest thread.
I will start off with the Craftsman Barlow knife my Mom sent me a couple months ago.
20220126_182146 (3).jpg
20220201_183647 (2).jpg
The knife is back together after I found a donor knife with broken blades. Had to drill out the front pin because as near as I can tell the original front pin was a rivet??? Could not find how the do the blind rivet and making that seemed a long way to go on a knife that will never be worth anything to anyone but me.
Figured out the leaf spring was broken when I was soaking it to remove the rust which the knife was covered in as you can see from the blades.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a lot of people ask me what I do and I tell them I fix things that are broke.

My rear struts and rear springs on my Toyota Corolla were shot and only 358,000 miles.
I replaced the struts and installed front springs on the rear struts :)
OH yea I have double the load carrying capacity before I bottom out.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot, I grew up on a farm. We carried a pair of pliers and a roll of baling wire. I have been fixing stuffies all my life.
Troubleshooting this stuff is easy for me.

1643784798400.jpeg

Believe me this one was fun. It is a burg panel in western Arkansas in a BANK!

The one below is an electrician's house.

res 1 mess.JPG

It just floors me the lack of pride in workmanship there is out there.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot, I grew up on a farm. We carried a pair of pliers and a roll of baling wire. I have been fixing stuffies all my life.
Troubleshooting this stuff is easy for me.

View attachment 250146

Believe me this one was fun. It is a burg panel in western Arkansas in a BANK!

The one below is an electrician's house.

View attachment 250147

It just floors me the lack of pride in workmanship there is out there.
Crimp sleeves, Sweeett.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will know soon if I repaired my S&W 357 Magnum TALO 7 shot.
Or I mean the Wife's TALO.

I had a restriction or pinch point where the barrel attached to the frame. Typical stuff.

I sent a lot of lead down the barrel today with various grits of lube on the bullets.
If feels so much better now when pushing a soft lead slug down the barrel.

It would go down the barrel smooth then hang up at the frame barrel intersection point.
All my might would not allow that wooden dowel rod in my hand to push it past that point.
Had to use a hammer.

Now many hours later it does not hang up or put the brakes on while I am pushing the slug down the barrel.

I could have sent it to S&W but with all the lost guns in the mail and destroyed packages and the fact
that they told me if they find a problem they will fix it and if no problems then it would cost me.

They may think that is normal since I bet 100% of their revolvers leave their hands with a pinched barrel.
My Ruger Blackhawk was the same way.
002.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom