Randy Brogdon Challenging Mary Fallin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I "think" Brogdon might be more libertarian than she based on how I remember Mark Shannon talking about him...let's hope so

I think you mean "more conservative" (or maybe "more libertarian" in the way Bush was "more libertarian" than Obama). Based on the voting history caojyn posted, he seems far from libertarian. Increasing abortion regulations, increasing school board regulations, bans on scientific research, death penalty for second offense sex offenders, making it a felony to harbor illegal immigrants, etc.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think you mean "more conservative" (or maybe "more libertarian" in the way Bush was "more libertarian" than Obama). Based on the voting history caojyn posted, he seems far from libertarian. Increasing abortion regulations, increasing school board regulations, bans on scientific research, death penalty for second offense sex offenders, making it a felony to harbor illegal immigrants, etc.

In 2010, he was pro medical marijuana (http://www.medicalmarijuanablog.com/state-laws/oklahoma-158.html)
If he still is, it'll all but guarantee the youth vote.

He also voted against tattoo shops

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They were asked to use an electronic cigarette for 10 minutes, inhaling the vapors into their lungs. A spirometry test, as well as some others diagnostic procedures were used to measure their airway resistance. Airway resistance is used in respiratory physiology to measure the resistance of the respiratory tract to airflow coming in during inspiration (inhalation) and going out during expiration (exhalation).

They found that using an e-cigarette caused an instant increase in airway resistance that lasted for 10 minutes in the majority of the participants. Below are some of their findings:

Non-smokers - even among lifetimes non-smokers, using an e-cigarette for ten minutes raised their airway resistance to 206% from 182% (mean average); the researchers described this as a "significant increase".

Current regular smokers - among existing regular smokers, the spirometry tests revealed a significant rise in airway resistance to 220%, from 176% after using one e-cigarette for ten minutes.

COPD and Asthma patients experienced no significant increase in airway resistance from using one e-cigarette for ten minutes.

So the breathing difficulty lasts as long as you're using it?

it's not about breathing difficulty, its about not breathing in things that you don't want to. Someone eating vegan or drinking soda doesn't enter my body. My wife at age 30 had (and will have to be on hormone therapy for the rest of her life) progesterone levels at post menopausal levels, so i start researching it and what do i find ONLY OCCURS IN FIRST WORLD COUNTRIES. along with numerous other "diseases". all science can come up with is that we are exposed to a lot of different "toxic" things on a daily basis that people in 3rd world countries aren't, that our FDA (and everyone else) says is fine... so i am not saying that secondhand smoke is going to cause some crazy disease or anything like that, just saying some of us would prefer to stay away from things like that.. it is the reason i pay more money for organic foods, etc..

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
it's not about breathing difficulty, its about not breathing in things that you don't want to. Someone eating vegan or drinking soda doesn't enter my body. My wife at age 30 had (and will have to be on hormone therapy for the rest of her life) progesterone levels at post menopausal levels, so i start researching it and what do i find ONLY OCCURS IN FIRST WORLD COUNTRIES. along with numerous other "diseases". all science can come up with is that we are exposed to a lot of different "toxic" things on a daily basis that people in 3rd world countries aren't, that our FDA (and everyone else) says is fine... so i am not saying that secondhand smoke is going to cause some crazy disease or anything like that, just saying some of us would prefer to stay away from things like that.. it is the reason i pay more money for organic foods, etc..

As long as you're not for an outright ban, then we're on the same page. Consenting adults and all that.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vote to pass a bill that submits a referendum to the voters that would limit the amount that an attorney may charge for services to no more than 33 percent of the first $1 million recovered and 20 percent of any additional amount recovered in any civil judgment or settlement.

Vote to pass a bill requiring physicians to complete a specific form when performing an abortion or when discovering a medical complication caused by a past abortion and requiring the State Department of Health to produce reports with the data thus obtained.

Vote to adopt a conference resolution that submits a constitutional amendment to the voters that prohibits the consideration of International and Sharia Law in making judicial decisions

Vote to pass a bill that creates the state-regulated Oklahoma Pet Quality Assurance and Protection Act, requiring a license that is renewed yearly from any person who sells, gives away, or transfers more than 35 dogs or cats a year.

-Limits the amount of noneconomic damages awarded in any action not arising out of contract to no more than $300,000 regardless of the number of parties against whom action is brought or the number of actions brought with respect to personal injury,

So we arbitrarily limit monetary judgments (tort reform), we regulate pet breeders, we put more regulations in place about how doctors treat women. Randy's not near as Libertarian as many claim, as his voting record indicates, unless he's had a change of heart in the last 3-4 years. I like him but I'm not fooled by him either.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

perhaps you are right.

In 2010, he was pro medical marijuana (http://www.medicalmarijuanablog.com/state-laws/oklahoma-158.html)
If he still is, it'll all but guarantee the youth vote.

He also voted against tattoo shops

Interesting he takes opposing views...at least he thinks for himself and examines each issue instead of a Carl Rove agenda.

Where are all the health bashers when I need them...? If it were me preaching about toxins then they'd pile on LOL...again, I am militantly against 2nd-hand smoke...I darn near consider it a violent assault on my body due to a lung condition that amplifies it's harmful effects...you don't need to tell me about that. But FINALLY, technology has caught up enough that smokers have another choice that doesn't hurt other people and the fundamentalists have to block it...I'm not saying I want people smoking e-cigs...I'm saying i want them smoking e-cigs instead of regular cigs if they choose to smoke...why would anyone want to discourage that...A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT HOW THEY HURT THE PERSON SMOKING THEM is totally appropriate...tell people the information and let them decide...banning stuff mainly needs to be done when it hurts other people.

I am not disagreeing with you one way or the other about your studies...I am sticking to principles and common sense and my own logic. I do not smoke and I never have...if someone can't have access to e-cigs, it doesn't affect me too much. But I think that supposed freedom-loving republicans like Fallin show their true colors when they BAN stuff to protect people from themselves. That is Mayor Bloomberg man!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Making it more difficult for one person to deprive another person of their right to live is not a libertarian value?

This is the Capitol "L" Libertarian stance

The U.S. Libertarian Party political platform (2012) states: "Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration."

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Making it more difficult for one person to deprive another person of their right to live is not a libertarian value?

LOL...I wasn't going to say anything but now that you brought it up, true Libertarians want maximum freedom as long as it doesn't hurt other people...stopping a baby's heart hurts another person. That si where Libertarians like say Rand Paul or Ted Cruz will differ from ones like Penn Jillette...

And the true irony that PROVES conservatives are not bigots is their pro-life stance...the irony is that planned parenthood was conceived as a eugenics operation to abort poor people and minorities...Yes folks, that's right...it was meant to kill off future democrat voters and republicans oppose this barbary while democrats and minorities vote and support their own demise...how ironic.

This is the Capitol "L" Libertarian stance

The U.S. Libertarian Party political platform (2012) states: "Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration."

Well at best if this "procedure" stops a child's life, don't you think the states should at least get to decide? I think many Libertarians are for letting the states decide this issue as with many other issues. As it sits now, murder is not a federal crime except under certain circumstances...the feds intended for state & local gov'ts to deal with such matters.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is not my argument but here's some of their reasoning

A fetus does not have a right to be in the womb of any woman, but is there by her permission. This permission may be revoked by the woman at any time, because her womb is part of her body... There is no such thing as the right to live inside the body of another, i.e. there is no right to enslave... a woman is not a breeding pig owned by the state (or church). Even if a fetus were developed to the point of surviving as an independent being outside the pregnant woman's womb, the fetus would still not have the right to be inside the woman's womb

Latest posts

Top Bottom