Real reason Wal-Mart closed stores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't wait until they reopen these remodeled stores with new, updated plumbing.
The "plumbing" thing is a smokescreen. The remodeled stores will all have caverns excavated under them, caverns big enough for a full division of Chi-Com troops, plus equipment, plus supplies enough to last them until 9/28/2015. That, plus the coming zombie apocalypse and the arrival of aliens from distant planets will mean the end of idiotic, lunatic fringe conspiracy theories and the beginning of the New World Order. Then the fun can begin!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plumbing isn't necessarily under slab, it could be the sprinklers overhead.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

I joked on the first reply, but this might be a very good possibility.
For whatever reason, overhead sprinkler systems are built with black pipe, not galvanized. They are pressurized so theoretically they shouldn't rust on the inside very much as there is no O2.
But, In my experience changing out some of the sprinkler heads that get a drip in the manufacturing facility I worked at, the smell of the water was disgusting and had all kinds of junk run out when the sprinkler head was removed.

You may be on to something.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
P
I joked on the first reply, but this might be a very good possibility.
For whatever reason, overhead sprinkler systems are built with black pipe, not galvanized. They are pressurized so theoretically they shouldn't rust on the inside very much as there is no O2.
But, In my experience changing out some of the sprinkler heads that get a drip in the manufacturing facility I worked at, the smell of the water was disgusting and had all kinds of junk run out when the sprinkler head was removed.

You may be on to something.

Shouldn't be anything rotting in theirs they run them every month to make sure the alarms work at home office. Not that there couldn't be a problem with them. But they shouldn't be a corrosion issue

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P

Shouldn't be anything rotting in theirs they run them every month to make sure the alarms work at home office. Not that there couldn't be a problem with them. But they shouldn't be a corrosion issue

There was no way to run ours without flooding the manufacturing area. The main feeding the system got tested monthly and checked off with a sig of the tester, but there was no way to recirc the header or feeders.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was no way to run ours without flooding the manufacturing area. The main feeding the system got tested monthly and checked off with a sig of the tester, but there was no way to recirc the header or feeders.

You can test the system without releasing water from the sprinkler heads. It also makes a difference if the system is wet or dry.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can test the system without releasing water from the sprinkler heads. It also makes a difference if the system is wet or dry.

Our system was wet and pressurized. The only way to drain it was to remove a plug at the end of each run. Never knew water could stink so bad without a dead fish in the area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom