Reality check today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We drive across 23rd through the Paseo on our way to the Asian district a couple times a month after exiting on 23rd off of I-235N coming from Norman.......they've cleaned that area up quite a bit in the past few years and it seems that most of the of the shady looking people have gone elsewhere but some still are present.

You do bring up a good point Hunter.......like you I'll flee first if at all possible to avoid a confrontation but if I need to get to my carry weapon (S&W 442 snubbie) quickly while behind the steering wheel having it in my front pocket it's not really all that readily accessible when seconds count so I'm thinking now of either having it in the armrest console, in the door pocket or even under my thigh when driving.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you guys are ok. Kinda sad, there are some nicely revitalized areas and then the next block is sketchy. My daughter just moved to the 25th and shartel area. She has an alarm, a 9mm shield and a 20 gauge. Up and coming area but can’t take any chances.

Better late than never

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your most dangerous weapon in any setting is knowing what resources you have to address the situation. In this case, you had a 3000# very large caliber assault weapon under your control. Unlikely to miss your target should it be required to engage. You had freedom of action and used the vehicle to create space from the threat. If the POC had decided to bring the weapon to bear on you, could you have turned the wheel toward the threat and accelerated through him?

Your’e exactly right, but I couldn’t have gotten to him, we were just about at the light and he quartering to us pretty close already. He was in between the curb and sidewalk after he came out from behind the tree.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good God man! You had the perfect opportunity to check your choice of weapons, front sight picture, your handling of yourself in a maximum stress situation, the penetration factor of your selected choice of booolitz you carry and above all your grouping on a moving target!

What were you thinking?

JK. Glad you thunk of a non violent way to handle the situation.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a reason we don't go downtown any longer. In fact we stay pretty close to home and frequent the same half-dozen or so places -- none of the with "mall" or "Wal-Mart" in their name either. The Wal-Mart down off Reno and MacArthur made the newa a while back for having the highest number of police calls of any other store in the City. That ended my excursions to all of them. It was getting to be too big of a pain in the ass to go there anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom