Recall James Lankford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That Daily Caller article refences that Lankford is not running for re-election. I think it means that he is not running this cycle.

I don't see Lankford giving up his seat voluntarily.
Agreed. He is in a red state & not running again for four years I think. So, Mitch assigned him to the bill to take the fall.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like MM, but I believe some of those statements are at best misleading.
IIRC, MM just got elected to the Senate fairly recently. ALL meters are going to get replaced with self-reporting meters here in the fairly near future. My little podunk town, Del City, replaced our power meters quite a while ago. My house was built in 1963, and still has, as far as I can tell, the original water meter. I know it is going to get replace sooner or later. DC has a guy walking around town opening the meter box and reading & recording the meter reading once a month. And they have had problems with "glitches" in the meter reading. Automated meters will (mostly) fix that. It was to OG&E's benefit to replace those meters, and it will be to Del City's benefit to replace our water meters when it finally happens. YMMV, of course.

https://www.fox23.com/news/you-deci...cle_a82d329b-9602-567d-a912-ed2abb73d9f6.html

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not going to be anything but proud of a man that has the guts to stand on his own principles and not be dictated to. I voted for Trump twice but he's lost his mind. Biden's not any better but at least he's sane and don't compare himself to Jesus.
I have my own principles as well. I'm a Regan conservative and the party has lost it's backbone listening to an orange nut.
I'm sure I'll get hammered for this but I'm at an age that I don't mind saying the Emperor has no clothes.
Trump hasn't said a word of truth in 2 years. The proof is there right in front of people but they still believe, or pretend to believe, what he says is true. Just a little effort to check the validity of what he says, and not much effort, shows it's a lie. Some of his stuff is like it came out of a 3rd graders mouth. I'm not pretending it's truth.
It about time the spineless GOP realizes it and get back to the moral standards of the party that I love.
Now....lets hear the backlash from people that can mention any of the wild claims (please don't do the election crap. Stop petting that dead dog).
OK. This may be my last post but at least I have the guts to call a spade a spade without compromising my own morals.
well said.

I keep thinking about Reagans quote "I didn’t leave the Democratic party, the Democratic Party left me" and how he'd probably change it to fit the GOP of today.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one is beating an incumbent here in the primaries without SUPER deep pockets. They'd need to be running around the clock ads starting right now for Langford's election and even then it would be a dice roll imo.

We need term limits and anyone in office should have all their investments in a blind trust that can then only invest in indexes. Maybe we can get the people that are in office generating multi-generational wealth for themselves to pass those changes for us??

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, MM just got elected to the Senate fairly recently. ALL meters are going to get replaced with self-reporting meters here in the fairly near future.

Tulsa (and other cities) are going to replace water meters. That is without question. They just won't be "self" reporting. A person will still have to walk or drive down the street and get close enough to "read" the meter. However, I cannot find any such EPA mandate to do so. Not to say there isn't, I just haven't seen it.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom