Recent Graduates Bringing A Parent To A Job Interview

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing my mom done after i moved out was mom would do my laundry once a week if i took it to her when she done theirs but i kept her supplied with the laundry products for mine and theirs and she only done it cause i never had enough to justify going to the laundry mat and doing my own, but i think in reality she thought it was just a excuse to make me come and visit more often even after i was over 45 she insisted that i show up every saturday to have lunch with them and done that til the day she died and i still continued after to give dad company.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to parents "not doing something right," the only thing that I could say affected me is that my mother never taught me to cook. (But, in retrospect, I'm not sure she ever liked cooking anyway. When we would go camping, my wife would cook and Mom would clean up.)

I won't say that I can't cook, but I'm pretty much limited to bacon and eggs and hamburger and maybe a steak.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing my mom done after i moved out was mom would do my laundry once a week if i took it to her when she done theirs but i kept her supplied with the laundry products for mine and theirs and she only done it cause i never had enough to justify going to the laundry mat and doing my own, but i think in reality she thought it was just a excuse to make me come and visit more often even after i was over 45 she insisted that i show up every saturday to have lunch with them and done that til the day she died and i still continued after to give dad company.
I remember strapping the laundry bag to my sissy bar and riding over to Mom's. I did the laundry, but used their washer and dryer for a few months after my divorce.

I can't even imagine taking a parent to a job interview. My son wouldn't even entertain such a thought. (he's 28)

We really are trying to be the softest tribe.

Reaction score
1704989818288.png

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ex-wife would baby the boys-four of them and argue that I was wrong in my approach to training them. I told her that if they didn't learn some responsibility at home, how could they be responsible outside the home. She ws told by some teacher at the boy's school that he had dyslexia and that was his excuse for not doing well in school and today he is paying for her "concern." I've know a few Doctors with dyslexia and they seemed to do ok. It was a constant battle and I won...sort of. I guess I won, she's gone and that's good.
If these young people who take theri mommies to job interviews are the future of our country combined with our illustrious politicians we are in deep doo doo.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen something like this first hand...I have a person in my life who got a job for prob close to 70k right out of college and has to call mom every 10min to ask basic things that if the boss knew there would be some red flags. Mom even had to hook up the new work laptop and make sure it worked before first day of work. It makes me cringe thinking back how much less I made right out of college and how I didn't need any help other than occasional high-level work advice from dad. I knew what Central Standard Time was LOL. This person is fixing to have to deal with medical providers in a professional capacity, and of course I want her to have success but I'm not allowed to offer any advice. I just have to watch the struggle and hand holding go on as a bystander.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen something like this first hand...I have a person in my life who got a job for prob close to 70k right out of college and has to call mom every 10min to ask basic things that if the boss knew there would be some red flags. Mom even had to hook up the new work laptop and make sure it worked before first day of work. It makes me cringe thinking back how much less I made right out of college and how I didn't need any help other than occasional high-level work advice from dad. I knew what Central Standard Time was LOL. This person is fixing to have to deal with medical providers in a professional capacity, and of course I want her to have success but I'm not allowed to offer any advice. I just have to watch the struggle and hand holding go on as a bystander.

Should have fired her and hired the Mom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom