Recommenend a new backpack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looking for a different type or style of backpack. I'm looking to put another bug home bag together and the one I have now is to small. Here is what I'm looking for, Medium size with a ton of compartments and the more pouches the merrier. I'm looking for something around $75 to $150

Last edited:

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always have to highlight the maxpedition condor. I've had one for 2 years now and its held up through everything

Ditto. $150 will get you a Condor. Buying into Maxpedition gives you lots of possibilities for add-ons. Expensive but worth it if you end up using it a lot. Any bigger than the Condor you're probably going to want some kind of frame pack. 5.11 makes some good stuff too but they're even more expensive than Maxpedition.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Condor that I never use anymore. I've moved to backpacking style packs that I find more comfortable and low key. Depending on what you want to carry, they are much more capable of carrying heavy loads without killing you.

The Condor always seemed to attract attention when I traveled with it, but people don't look twice at a Kelty or Osprey pack.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

DAMAGAN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont recall the brand but those Coyote tan ones they have in the hunting section of walmart are $35 bucks if not on sale and have a ton of storage compartments and Molle webbing on the outside for all your geardo needs.

They do scream military so if you're looking for a more "grey man" backpack do this.
The Condor always seemed to attract attention when I traveled with it, but people don't look twice at a Kelty or Osprey pack.

DasSieben

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several different packs that I use (or have the intention of using) for different things. My favorite medium size pack is a geronimo pack by LTB Inc. They are expensive brand new but I found a like new one at okc gun show for $40. I've seen other similar surplus bags reasonably priced as well. If you want to go any larger I really like my usmc ILBE pack...and I can attach my geronimo pack to it in case I ever want to get so loaded down I can't move. :)

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 1980s Kelty frame pack. It is lighter than the not super big $$$ new internal frame stuff, AND it's neato. I got it for $4 at a thrift store. I had one when I was a kid that came from Wilderness Adventurer, that was over on Penn. For day to day, I have a mid sized, soft pack. It's big enough that it has a decent sized, padded belt. Lots of tough straps for attaching things. Ooo, and it is fuchsia and black. Well, it was. More grease and grime and dirt colored now. Gotta be a tough hombre to sport a fuchsia pack. I got it for about the same at a thrift store. I'm thrifty.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was given an Eberlestock X1A1 hunting pack for Christmas and am very impressed with the build quality. I have yet to wear it for an outing, but the padding is perfectly set up for my back, and I really like the idea of being able to carry my rifle securely in a scabbard on my back or a bow in the bow pocket (or both). It wasn't cheap but you get what you pay for, IMHO. it is very well built.

Latest posts

Top Bottom