Recommenend a new backpack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
looking for a different type or style of backpack. I'm looking to put another bug home bag together and the one I have now is to small. Here is what I'm looking for, Medium size with a ton of compartments and the more pouches the merrier. I'm looking for something around $75 to $150

Do you mean GHD (get home bag) or Bug out bag? Not that there is a big difference, just curious. My GHB/survival pack is an ILBE pack. Not many compartments but I prefer to organize everything in my pack with small, different sized nylon, drawstring stuff sacks. You can et them at REI or other places for not much $$$. My fire starting is in a red nylon sack, food in a bigger green one, cooking gear in an orange one, and so on. I also write on the sack with a sharpie whats in it. Have about 7 different sacks inside the ILBE.

daniel1daniel2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To late I know, but I will still put my 2 cents in. I got a ALPS Commander, and it is the biggest backpack I would ever consider carrying for more than a mile. With 100-120 lbs in there, you know its back there but it is far from uncomfortable. And not that I would suggest it but you can carry someone on it, the only problem is their center of gravity is off to go very far. (The guy weighted about 160, I weigh about 175 and carried him around for about 30 min)

Phone_0143.jpg

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do you mean GHD (get home bag) or Bug out bag? Not that there is a big difference, just curious. My GHB/survival pack is an ILBE pack. Not many compartments but I prefer to organize everything in my pack with small, different sized nylon, drawstring stuff sacks. You can et them at REI or other places for not much $$$. My fire starting is in a red nylon sack, food in a bigger green one, cooking gear in an orange one, and so on. I also write on the sack with a sharpie whats in it. Have about 7 different sacks inside the ILBE.

Damn good idea. Why cant I think of this stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom