Reloading Press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! I will take a look at the Lee and I will be sure to pick up some of those books. I have heard Dillon presses are supposed to be high quality as well. Has anyone used one of those?

Dillons are what the guys are calling the "Blue Press" and yes, they are the probably the best a home loader can buy but they do have a higher initial setup cost than other presses.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
brian enos offers a complete package setup for a little over a grand for a 550b. you can actualy get a pretty complete setup for under 8 and buy the other stuff locally or through amazon. my scales i bought were 12 bucks a piece and are pretty much the same thing as the 30 buck hornady.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like one thing you can take from everyone who commented here is that: A) You are going to buy a press and after using said press you will B) buy a better press.

It happened to me. I went with a Lyman turret and quickly outgrew its capabilities. Now I have the Hornady LNL and AP. I wouldn't trade the AP for a blue machine. I can crank out 600 rounds an hour (for one hour only, because it gets tiring and monotonous) without the bullet or case feeders.

Zombie11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a lee 4-hole turret press and a bunch or dies/scales, the whole setup i dont use any more and i'm looking to unload it. if you'd like you are welcome to come by and take a look.

david1289

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Lee Turret press is just fine for most people. It's a very flexible platform to use with pistol and rifle. Fairly inexpensive to add more turrets. Parts are inexpensive. And it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom