removing media dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are you drying your brass?

After separating the brass from the media, I throw them on a towel and shake them to try and get as much of the water out and off of the cartridges. Just hold the two ends and shake it a little bit. After that I line all the brass up and use a blow dryer to dry them completely. It does not take very long with the blow dryer on high. Then I cover them up and let them cool down before putting them in the zip-loc bag for storage.

There are some really cool ideas over on Sniper's Hide about how to dry them. A few people got the metal trash cans, some steel mesh, a light socket, and a fan. They rigged up the trash can with the light socket and fan at the bottom. Installed the mesh down inside the top of the trash can. They put the brass inside the trash can, close the lid and turn on the light and fan. I cannot remember how long it takes to dry but some over there seem happy with the process.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can always put your wet cases out in the sun for a few minutes, or on your heater ac floor vent over night. Or just in front of a fan.

After i wash mine i run hot water over them untill they get pretty hot, helps to dry them out faster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom