Renewing licenses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My license expired the 30th of March and I need to renew it. Can someone tell me what I need to bring to renew it? Birth certificate? Social Security card? Or what?

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, shoulda mentioned drivers license. LOL. I want someone with experience, I've heard you have a month and I've heard you have to take your birth certificate.. So I'm wondering what the real story is.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, if you let it lapse, you will need 2 forms of ID, birth certificate, Passport, social security card etc. My wife just went through this. If you have a CDL, you will also need to let the DMV stamp your medical card.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My license expired the 30th of March and I need to renew it. Can someone tell me what I need to bring to renew it? Birth certificate? Social Security card? Or what?

Depends on where you go. If you go to an authorized tag agent, they can only accept a state issued certified birth certificate. If you go to a DL testing center, see this document for primary and secondary ID requirements.

http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/pub/DOCS.pdf

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, shoulda mentioned drivers license. LOL. I want someone with experience, I've heard you have a month and I've heard you have to take your birth certificate.. So I'm wondering what the real story is.

it's now a real PITA to get your DL after you let it expire. You have to get a new copy of your Birth Certificate, and if you were born out of state, it's more of a PITA.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but its on the same topic..kinda....a coworker said that you can now get some kind of identification on your OK DL that specifies if you are a Military Vet....anybody hear about this?

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Id call the tag office but I'm pretty sure you have 30 days

Due to having once possessed a Commercial Chauffers license, my license no longer expires in my birth month. So the last time I had to renew, I forgot about it until the last day of the month. I ran in and got renewed, and commented that I was glad I didn't have to go to the hassle of bringing up all the misc. data that a person with an expired Lic. needed. The Tag agent then told me that there was a grace period before all that additional ID was needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom