Renewing licenses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
redmax51 said:
The whole event pissed me off.The state quits sending out renewal notices.Who the hell looks at their license? I maybe take it out of my wallet once every 2-3 years.

So, you need the state government to be your nanny and tell you what to do? No wonder we have trouble balancing the budget.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, you need the state government to be your nanny and tell you what to do? No wonder we have trouble balancing the budget.

Well lets see,they send out notices for your ccl,they send out notices for your car license,they send out notices for your property taxes.Yeah I think the state could send out notices for your d/l,they did for many years.I'd like them to do something to earn their fee.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

First off, he's talking about state government. Sounds like you're talking about national government. Second, lighten up.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the 30 day grace period is true. I went to get my license renewed and all I had to do was bring in my old license and pay them :)

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am fairly certain i meant the state govt. ie Oklahoma has a balanced budget.... the federal govt doesn't... the state deals with drivers lic. feds do not. going light is not my way.

First off, he's talking about state government. Sounds like you're talking about national government. Second, lighten up.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds like you need to take responsibility for your life and quit laying on your butt waiting for the govt. to take care of you.

Well lets see,they send out notices for your ccl,they send out notices for your car license,they send out notices for your property taxes.Yeah I think the state could send out notices for your d/l,they did for many years.I'd like them to do something to earn their fee.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talk about a lot of BS in getting your OK DL renewed... How is this for a bunch of crap......

I have a current OK DL and went to my local tag agent to get a OK ID card last week. I went to the very same place I renewed my DL last year. If open carry passes, I was gonna put the ID card and my CC license in a 2-sided ID holder and hang them around my neck under my shirt for easy access.... so I wouldn't have to reach for my wallet... as I carry it on my strong side near my weapon.

I couldn't get a state ID from the tag agent. The agent said it didn't matter if I had a current DL or not, that it was a 'NEW' ID, so I would have to take a certified copy of my birth cirtificate and original Social Security card to a OHP examiners office... the closest to me being 60 miles away in Lawton right now... because our local one has been closed for several months due to a lack of examiners. My current OK DL wouldn't even work as one form of ID for getting a state ID card..... PITA is right.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about a lot of BS in getting your OK DL renewed... How is this for a bunch of crap......

I have a current OK DL and went to my local tag agent to get a OK ID card last week. I went to the very same place I renewed my DL last year. If open carry passes, I was gonna put the ID card and my CC license in a 2-sided ID holder and hang them around my neck under my shirt for easy access.... so I wouldn't have to reach for my wallet... as I carry it on my strong side near my weapon.

I couldn't get a state ID from the tag agent. The agent said it didn't matter if I had a current DL or not, that it was a 'NEW' ID, so I would have to take a certified copy of my birth cirtificate and original Social Security card to a OHP examiners office... the closest to me being 60 miles away in Lawton right now... because our local one has been closed for several months due to a lack of examiners. My current OK DL wouldn't even work as one form of ID for getting a state ID card..... PITA is right.

If that's the whole story you should take them the rules because they obviously don't know them.

This is for what sounds like your situation
http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/apply/dl_oid.html

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have to have a birth certificate to renew DL??
I never do. Mine xpired on March 30 as well and I just walked in, handed them by old DL, $22.50, took the picture and got a new license. Easy breezy...
I go to Moore Tag Agency.

Latest posts

Top Bottom