Renewing licenses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who the hell looks at their license?
If you go to the bank often like I do the ladies/guys there will let you know in the month when your DL is expiring. Thats how I knew mine was close and it was time to get it renewed. I never look at it either.

I always look at my DL on my BDay to check expiration date.
They dont expire your birthday month anymore, not mine anyways. My Bday is in March but my DL expired in December.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's the whole story you should take them the rules because they obviously don't know them.

This is for what sounds like your situation
http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/apply/dl_oid.html

That's the whole story.. it was some early 20's guy who didn't look like he could pour water out of his shoe if I told him the instructions were printed on the bottom of the shoe. Thanks for the link. I've printed the info out and will go down & raise heck with them tomorrow.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the whole story.. it was some early 20's guy who didn't look like he could pour water out of his shoe if I told him the instructions were printed on the bottom of the shoe. Thanks for the link. I've printed the info out and will go down & raise heck with them tomorrow.

I'm assuming that since your profile says you are retired, that your DL was not an original issue after 11/1/2007, therefore it would seem to me the link provided is N/A and the tag agent was correct.

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what being retired has to do with it, but if your license issue date is after November 1, 2007 and you still have the original you should be able to get an id card.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm assuming that since your profile says you are retired, that your DL was not an original issue after 11/1/2007, therefore it would seem to me the link provided is N/A and the tag agent was correct.

I've had my OK license for 35+ yrs...I have the state issued birth certificate, OK gun permit and original social security card... so if I do end-up having to make the trip to Lawton, then I'll try and have my DL record amended to show that I showed DPS the required documentation for a original issue DL after 11/01/07... so I won't have to go through all this crap again in the future.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had my OK license for 35+ yrs...I have the state issued birth certificate, OK gun permit and original social security card... so if I do end-up having to make the trip to Lawton, then I'll try and have my DL record amended to show that I showed DPS the required documentation for a original issue DL after 11/01/07... so I won't have to go through all this crap again in the future.

You can only have an original issue once. And you said yours was 35+ years ago.

The problem with getting the ID is that the tag agent can only accept state issued birth certificates, and the State ID will require primary and secondary documentation. Thus the trip to the driver exam site.

Latest posts

Top Bottom