Repurposing Cox home life cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
That doesn't really work anymore. Look how many people are willing to steal packages off porches even with ring doorbells. People will provide video evidence to the police and it usually goes nowhere.
I understand what you are saying. I still think its worth leaving them up otherwise why do companies sell them and put signs out front and so on?? I mean its a numbers game right. Its like a pad lock we have all seen the videos of how easy locks are to pick but we all still lock them. My goal is for someone to see a camera and figure lets hit the house next door with no camera.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. I still think its worth leaving them up otherwise why do companies sell them and put signs out front and so on?? I mean its a numbers game right. Its like a pad lock we have all seen the videos of how easy locks are to pick but we all still lock them. My goal is for someone to see a camera and figure lets hit the house next door with no camera.

This is true, similar to those clubs from the 90's. Yes, a simple hacksaw blade and 60 seconds and the club is worthless, but it deters thieves to hit a car that doesn't have one. This helps for home invasions and maybe a few outside the home thefts, but a majority of thieves who steal from outside the home will do so regardless of cameras. I was toying with putting a camera over my garage to watch my work van, but reality is if someone broke into it they would be hard to catch even if I had a crystal clear picture of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom