Restaurant advise for Lake Murray area, please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Mrs. and I are going down to Lake Murray tomorrow for an over nighter. I would welcome any advice for restaurants y'all like in the Ardmore/Madill/Marietta area. A steak place or maybe italian or maybe BBQ sounds good. Any kind of food really, as long as it's good. A good dinner breakfast for Saturday morning would be good too.

Thanks

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to Luigi's Italian in Ardmore, and it was pretty good. It has been a couple of years ago, but I think it is still there. Other than that, I have been to McGeehees Catfish, and it was good but a little overpriced. It is out in the middle of nowhere.

Can't help you with steak or BBQ, unfortunately. I pretty much only eat steak that I cook myself on the grill these days.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend KC's Smokehouse at 718 South Commerce Street. Fall off the bone ribs, excellent fries, outstanding fried okra, great toast, and pretty servers.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fireside Inn is on the highway between Exit 24 on I-35 and the lake. It is excellent and pricey.

In Ardmore, there's Luigi's (Italian), Budro's (BBQ and other), Two Frogs, Interurban, Appleby's, The Alley, Ten-Star Pizza Kitchen, Casa Roma (Mexican), Papa's Pizzaria (good, fairly priced buffet), The Cellar (also pricey) and others.

I don't eat out for breakfast often, but there is a Prairie Kitchen, I-Hop and Jimmy's Egg.

Enjoy!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
hey ronny, whats the name of that catfish place thats always packed in town? the breakfast buffet at the lodge is hot, brown and plenty of it. thats about it but the lake view is kinda cool. never eaten at fireside, we usually look like dirty lake trash but what are the prices like?we're planning our first lake weekend and the restaurant thing always comes up.btw,we only do lake murray

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're thinking of Catfish Corner. Catfish and Mexican Food. Years ago, it was the El Palacio, or something like that. They still do some of their Mexican dishes. Pickled green tomatoes are a specialty.

There's another catfish place in town called Catfish Corral which is good. Their hush puppies are good. There's a Bill's Catfish in Lone Grove.

Also, I forgot The Cliff up near Turner Falls. Another of those good, but pricey, restaurants. And, while you're near Davis, there's Smokin' Joe's BBQ.

I gotta stop. I'm gettin' so hungry.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second Two Frogs in Ardmore. They used to have a great catfish plate, but it's been awhile since I've been there. Had a great atmosphere too, you never knew who might show up and play live music.

Latest posts

Top Bottom