Rifle bedding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you figured out what it was. From what I saw on Friday, it was too nice of a rifle for it not to work!
Yea, it's been a pain to get it to shoot, I never would have thought it was the barrel because what I hear about Remington
Really? Any more details?
It's being shipped back to Remington, the tried to send it to Tulsa but since it's an accuracy issue then Remington will look at it and most likely re-barrel it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, it's been a pain to get it to shoot, I never would have thought it was the barrel because what I hear about Remington

It's being shipped back to Remington, the tried to send it to Tulsa but since it's an accuracy issue then Remington will look at it and most likely re-barrel it.

What did Steve say was wrong with the barrel?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go with a krieger or benchmark replacement barrel I personally wouldn't let remington attempt to put a new tube on it. It's already at a very competent gunsmith. Let him do what he does make a sub par factory gun shoot well. Or if you prefer find a rem take off barrel and have it installed but after hearing the horror stories coming out of big green with the trigger debacle and you aren't the only person to get a bad factory barrel lately under no circumstances would I send a gun to them.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did Steve say was wrong with the barrel?
The rifling has cuts and scratches in it, he wouldn't even shoot it it was THAT bad
I'd go with a krieger or benchmark replacement barrel I personally wouldn't let remington attempt to put a new tube on it. It's already at a very competent gunsmith. Let him do what he does make a sub par factory gun shoot well. Or if you prefer find a rem take off barrel and have it installed but after hearing the horror stories coming out of big green with the trigger debacle and you aren't the only person to get a bad factory barrel lately under no circumstances would I send a gun to them.

I would too but I don't have the 600-750 for the blank and to have Steve work his magic.
My guess is an off center chamber been happening lots lately with rem rifles. Only a few 10's/1000 can make the difference between a shooter and a lobber.

Cuts in the rifling

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean don't get me wrong, I'd love to put a Shilen, or Krieger, or Benchmark on, but I just can't afford it right now so Remington is my only option

The rifling has cuts and scratches in it, he wouldn't even shoot it it was THAT bad

I would too but I don't have the 600-750 for the blank and to have Steve work his magic.

Cuts in the rifling

I totally understand where you're coming from. I guess myself I'd just wait until I could afford to have it done. (Done this many times but the wait has always been worth it) or for about 375-400 go the remage route http://rifleshooter.com/2015/03/reb...out-a-lathe-mcgowen-remage-barrel-converison/ then you could do most of the work yourself. Adds a barrel nut so you could swap the barrels yourself. That's the reason I've gone the savage route for semi customs I've done. But with having to have your b&c stock inletted etc. it may not be as cost effective in your case. Here's to hoping remington can get you fixed up. Here's the company that offers the rem-age conversions. http://northlandshooterssupply.com

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally understand where you're coming from. I guess myself I'd just wait until I could afford to have it done. (Done this many times but the wait has always been worth it) or for about 375-400 go the remage route http://rifleshooter.com/2015/03/reb...out-a-lathe-mcgowen-remage-barrel-converison/ then you could do most of the work yourself. Adds a barrel nut so you could swap the barrels yourself. That's the reason I've gone the savage route for semi customs I've done. But with having to have your b&c stock inletted etc. it may not be as cost effective in your case. Here's to hoping remington can get you fixed up. Here's the company that offers the rem-age conversions. http://northlandshooterssupply.com

If Remington screws up again then I'll just have to save up and put Serenity away for a few months which will suck because it's my favorite rifle, but we shall see

Latest posts

Top Bottom