Rifle bedding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you found the root cause of your troubles, but I DID have bedding issues with a factory Remmy and a bell and carlson. In my case, my action was just barely making contact on the very bottom of the aluminum bedding block.
I originally sent it in to have it re-crowned, since it had a ding in the crown from the factory (go figure). While it was there, the smith took a picture and sent it to me basically saying "Did you know your gun's action was barely touching the bedding block". Needless to say it got bedded also. So, you might have a look at that too, just in case..

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you found the root cause of your troubles, but I DID have bedding issues with a factory Remmy and a bell and carlson. In my case, my action was just barely making contact on the very bottom of the aluminum bedding block.
I originally sent it in to have it re-crowned, since it had a ding in the crown from the factory (go figure). While it was there, the smith took a picture and sent it to me basically saying "Did you know your gun's action was barely touching the bedding block". Needless to say it got bedded also.
I'm running an A5 Medalist so it has the bedding block, but either way she's shooting A ZILLION times better

Latest posts

Top Bottom