RIP BurnCo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree, based on my very limited experience, and the description of my buddies who went much more often. One of them arrived one day at 10:30 am to make sure he was in line when the doors opened, and they said it was not at all unusual for them to be out of items by the time you got through the line.

I will agree that the Jenks location was much better, the times I've been there.

And... even if it WERE the same amount of time, I'd much rather sit and wait than stand in line and wait. Oh, and almost forgot... part of their description was you'd need to stand by someone's table and wait for them to leave to get a table before someone else jumped it.

The irony is they couldn't understand why I didn't want to eat there, but it was really their description of why it was so great that made me uninterested.

You can disagree all you like, but I'm speaking from experience, not.... "I heard." I probably go to bunco twice a month at least. How can you say the "Jenks location was better" if you've never been to the other location? I don't think I've seen them run out of anything (before 130-200 pm) in more than a few years. Sure 4-5 years ago you had to get there early, now? Nah. There's been several times I've walked up and waited no longer than 5-10 mins in line at Jenks. Just like any good restaurant in Tulsa, they will have their busy times.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can disagree all you like, but I'm speaking from experience, not.... "I heard." I probably go to bunco twice a month at least. How can you say the "Jenks location was better" if you've never been to the other location? I don't think I've seen them run out of anything (before 130-200 pm) in more than a few years. Sure 4-5 years ago you had to get there early, now? Nah. There's been several times I've walked up and waited no longer than 5-10 mins in line at Jenks. Just like any good restaurant in Tulsa, they will have their busy times.
That's kind of my point, I'm going by what they told me. Their "selling point" was how hard it was to get something to eat and a place to eat it. I have been there though, and my experience corroborated their description. I've been to Jenks more.

And I've been retired for 4 years, so all of this was 4-5 years ago, so there's that...

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keeping the vent hood, its ductwork and the outside exhaust clean in a restaurant setting is a never ending job. BBQ by it's nature is smoky, tending to deposit oils as the smoke cools going up the stack. Typically the insurance company will required an auto hood fire suppression system. In BurnCo's case perhaps whatever got the fire going in the attic might have been outside it's coverage or totally unrelated to the ductwork; dunno.

With a restaurant fire in the duct that gets cooking pretty good, there is a fair chance the fire department is going to be hard pressed to contain it to minor damage. Same situation with a restaurant fire in the attic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom