RIP Corvette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad deal, why go Euro unless sales have been goin' downhill. I like the pre '68 . Prices on older models will only climb.
Saw the 2019 on Barrett-Jackson, love that auction. Growing up, had a neighbor restore a '57 or 58 and would give me rides.

Last edited:

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
always liked the 55,56,57 models with the side scoop

56 C-1 Corvette.jpg

The 1956 C-1 Corvette

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
About 15 years ago I came across a 67 vette that a girl had inherited. It had 67k miles on it. Auto with air and red. She wanted 18k for it. I called my wife and begged but knew the answer. We had recently bought a house and were strapped for cash. I wanted to detail it out and flip it but have some fun with it for a couple months. I saw the same car about a month later. It had been professionally detailed and the price was 35k. It lasted exactly 1 day

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 15 years ago I came across a 67 vette that a girl had inherited. It had 67k miles on it. Auto with air and red. She wanted 18k for it. I called my wife and begged but knew the answer. We had recently bought a house and were strapped for cash. I wanted to detail it out and flip it but have some fun with it for a couple months. I saw the same car about a month later. It had been professionally detailed and the price was 35k. It lasted exactly 1 day

My love for the Vette began with the '56. Our next farm neighbor's son bought a new '56, and then died about a year later. I tried for the next several years to buy the '56. but they would never part with it. I wanted to buy the 1962 model, but couldn't afford it and the insurance at the time. I finally sold my '67 big block because my sons were always trying to figure out where the kill switches were hidden. Youngsters and that much car were an accident waiting to happen.

Sometimes I wished had kept the car, and got rid of the ...... oh well.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything pre-C5 version is a real pig in ride & handling. I drove a friends 2017 Stingray around and it's got a lot going for it plus would leave the early cars in the dust.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rainy Realty in Little Rock, the owner has a 56 he bought new, it comes out twice a year for maintenance, has both tops. white with red scoop and interior. 17,000 miles on the clock. beautiful car

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything pre-C5 version is a real pig in ride & handling. I drove a friends 2017 Stingray around and it's got a lot going for it plus would leave the early cars in the dust.

Well....comparing an F-22 to a P-51D has the same similarity, but there is more to liking something than just speed some times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom