RIP to one of our own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this thread and it hit me like a ton of bricks. My heart is broken. Like so many others have previously stated, he was definitely one of the good ones.

The back-and-forth between him and Surjimmy always made me laugh. I first met him in person through an ENS. Shortly afterwards we made an arrangement and I went to his house in Yukon to bring him some 22 ammo. He was kind enough to bring me into his home. For those that have been there, you know the gun room I speak of. When I walked in he had some of his Walther’s on the table being cleaned. From his earlier posts on the thread I knew he was a collector, but he took me to school that day and showed me much of his collection. Then my attention started to focus on his career in the Marines, and all of his items on the walls. I respected him beforehand, then after seeing everything he had on display in that room from his time in the Marines, it went to a whole new level. He gave me some history on some of the items, explained what those paddles meant, and was just as humble as could be.

If there is anyway or anything we can do to honor him, please count me in.

We will miss you Joel.

Last edited:

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m shocked and saddened to hear this. I’m still pretty new to OSA, but with how quickly I met Joel and befriended him, I honestly kinda figured he must know everyone on the site. I’m seeing now that’s not exactly the case, which makes me feel even more honored that I got to meet Joel, the handful of times I did.

I answered his wtb ad for a suped up mini bike. He invited me in for a chat, and I’ve considered him a friend since that day.

It’s rare you meet someone as kind as Joel, which is saying a lot considering he was also a total f’n badass in his day!

I’m also honored to say I got to enjoy shooting with him 3 times in the year I knew him. One ENS and two times out in private places.

Rest easy Joel!
34DB634E-F82B-4401-8ED3-0CB9CA458D7D.jpeg
94093CF6-193E-41A6-A97B-E638401EA0E0.jpeg
53A8D011-18E1-45BA-AB7D-01A4676E3AF4.jpeg

Just a couple of pics of Joel doing what he did best! As well as a pumpkin he carved with is AR pistol!

Latest posts

Top Bottom