Robber shot dead by customer in restaurant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, no one is disputing that self-defense is not permitted nor illegal, or that he didn't have the right to protect himself, but the whole problem is with the propriety of that last Coup de Gracie shot directly to the perps head. If/when he goes to prison, that last shot, will be the reason why.
It's all about optics, one side says the perp got what he deserved, the other will say the force and final shots were excessive. It's going to be in the hands of the 12 people that will decide what the shooter's fate is.

As a gun person even I felt like the last shots were excessive, no idea what prompted the shooter to do that, I've never been in a situation like that, and can't know how I would react.

As far as leaving I can absolutely see why he did it, that last thing you want to do is answer questions after a stressful event like that. Unfortunately "I want my Lawyer" will still lead to questions asking you about what happened by LEO. I would rather have time to select a good attorney, time to unpack what happened, and then interact with those that will be trying to find me guilty. The optics of leaving though will fuel the fire of those that think what he did is wrong.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What part of the law do you not understand? Study up. Subject to interpretation and legal wrangling.
Besides, have you not heard, we now have constitutional carry.
The law pretty much says, if a perk has a gun, and it is POINTED at You rae anyone else, He is considered a THREAT. Immediate action on another person to require deadly force is justifiable.. You will see in the video the gun was point at random people.
Now I did not see the entire video where some say a final shot to the head. That is was uncalled for.
BUT... if he survived and spent a couple of years in prison and got out. I may fear retaliation on me or my family. This way he is not coming back after you or your loved ones. Still uncalled for!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all about optics, one side says the perp got what he deserved, the other will say the force and final shots were excessive. It's going to be in the hands of the 12 people that will decide what the shooter's fate is.

As a gun person even I felt like the last shots were excessive, no idea what prompted the shooter to do that, I've never been in a situation like that, and can't know how I would react.
The consequences of not being ruled by laws, not men, is, we don't always get to do what seems right at the time! This punk won't rob anyone else! But that road leads to being ruled by the WHIMS OF SOME TWO BIT DICTATOR! And no one in their right mind wants that!

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't think it was excessive but I am a old school crime and punishment sort , If you show up with malice in your heart , armed and prepared to do innocent people harm then you should be preared to get what you get. Had the perp cared for his life he wouldn't have went in like the James Gang to rob a taco joint.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it was excessive but I am a old school crime and punishment sort , If you show up with malice in your heart , armed and prepared to do innocent people harm then you should be preared to get what you get. Had the perp cared for his life he wouldn't have went in like the James Gang to rob a taco joint.

Shoot until the threat is stopped, the threat had stopped, from that perspective to me it looked excessive. I respect that you believe it wasn't.

I'm a root cause person, if the perp hadn't shown up with a gun and threatened people, none of this would have happened. Unfortunately our legal system can blur those lines and now tends to separate the different components.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there was one time in my life I would wish to be on jury duty, it's for this case. My Granddad used to tell me "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing." Not only would that man go free, but I would also buy him a cold beer afterwards. "But but he shot him too many times 🤓" Ok and? Do you think the dude trying to rob you would care how many times he shot you? If more thugs were made examples of, maybe there wouldn't be such rampant crime in several major cities.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the shooter has come forward, with an attorney. It seems excessive but none of of were there and we can't clearly see or hear what was going on. I don't have a problem with the shooting, or the fact that he left. I think it's a little strange that everyone left though, it must be a little puzzling to investigators. I really expected the guy to sit back down and finish eating, it looked like they just got their meals.

I can't compare this to J. Ersland, but if the man went out to his truck or back to the table to grab another gun or reload for more shooting, then that would be similar.
No point in comparing to j ersland, as its a different state so different laws.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's Houston, so the Soros prosecutor will go after him with a vengeance. But, it's still Texas, so the prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the perp would've survived if not for the anchor shot. I'd say absent further aggravating circumstances coming to light that are also admissible in court, he has about a 65/35 shot at walking with nothing more than a heavy misdemeanor.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's Houston, so the Soros prosecutor will go after him with a vengeance. But, it's still Texas, so the prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the perp would've survived if not for the anchor shot. I'd say absent further aggravating circumstances coming to light that are also admissible in court, he has about a 65/35 shot at walking with nothing more than a heavy misdemeanor.

Now do his odds of same with a public defender.

Latest posts

Top Bottom