Round in the chamber on not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my buddy are arguing on whether or not you should keep a round chambered during ccw, this goes for glocks, revolvers and single action style guns.

I say keep a round chambered and ready to rock at all times. He thinks it would be just as easy to leave it empty and chamber the round before he fires.

Whats everyone's two cents on this one?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since you asked, your buddy has no business carrying.
If anybody is uncomfortable carrying a loaded gun, they shouldn't be carrying.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I struggled with this ?? several years ago, What i was told ..an unloaded gun is either a really pretty paper weight ,or a really expensive club.
Search the internet , There is no time when a handgun needs to be put into action ,to try to start it.
<<<S+W MP40 15+1
<<<Taurus 856 6 in the ready

If your concerned that it will go off accidently, carry it around cocked w/out one in the chamber.
Mine never went off Accidently:Heya:

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here's the way I see it. Always treat a gun as if it's loaded. That keeps bad gun handling habits away, and also means that when a gun is technically loaded (one in the chamber), it's as safe as could be.

Does your buddy really think that he'll be able to rack the slide in a high stress situation with somebody rushing him or struggling to pry the gun out of his hands? What if the situation dictates that he can't afford to make any noise. Don't know what gun he has, but mine makes a helluva racket when you, ahem, rack it.

:pms2:

Okay, that was bad. But, you're in the right; your friend's in the wrong.

jav8r

Marksman
Reaction score
While he's rackn' I'm shootn'...ya got to carry it chambered!
There is no way his gun is going off unless he's pulling the trigger!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you asked, your buddy has no business carrying.
If anybody is uncomfortable carrying a loaded gun, they shouldn't be carrying.

Yep.

I have told this story here before so this is the short version. I had a couple of guys try to get in my car one night. I had an unloaded gun. The only thing that saved me was the fact that they didn't call my bluff. 'nuff said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom