Round in the chamber on not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's another take on this:
If you don't have the mindset to carry your handgun loaded and chambered, you most likely won't have the mindset to shoot somebody when they need shooting.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask your friend how he plans on racking the slide of the gun if his off hand is unavailable due to being used to block or fend off the attacker if he has a knife or even a gun. What if his off hand gets slashed with a knife?

Keep one in the chamber.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Action beats reaction. If you need your gun to protect yourself usually you're reacting to the threat. You are already behind the curve. Not having a round chambered is more of a disadvantage . I always carry hot. If you or your friend aren't comfortable with a loaded chamber ,don't carry any gun without a safety (Glock). Carry something with a safety and practice switching it off as you draw the weapon.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you asked, your buddy has no business carrying.
If anybody is uncomfortable carrying a loaded gun, they shouldn't be carrying.

This.....

Only things that are carried and deployed not chamber loaded....Shotguns....and that is because there is no firing pin block on the safety...I could blow a hole in my roof.

Latest posts

Top Bottom